• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Fuck Falco. Why the hell was he in there? Where was Wade and Roland? Walter is an idiot
Well nobody pitched well today in relief. Roland wasn’t going to come out unless we had the lead. And incidentally he wasn’t all that sharp Tuesday either.

So WF lost on some bullshittery? Lost my feed and didn't see the last 3 innings. (FWIG that may have been a blessing?)

muscara makes the calls on who pitches.

we pitched our normal guys, they just didn’t execute. there’s no reason to have expected other guys (aside from roland) to have pitched better without already knowing the results we got today.
Ray and Falco never execute

I watched the entire game. Everything went wrong. WTF with the balls and strikes. Geezus. Houston and Hawke both called out on balls. Then our pitchers NOT getting the same calls, all creating a very narrow window for BC and they got basically two real hit balls to win.

WTF?

The pitcher for Miss St is throwing both right and left handed. Depending on the batter. Its amazing to see it, to be honest. ON ESPN2 if anyone wants to check him out
What’s the rule? Can’t switch mid-batter right?

The loss hurts more than it seems. Normally such a loss is no big deal. But we dug such a deep hole at the start of the season, losses now seem more impactful. We still don't have a winning conference record. I feel we need to move to the top half to have a shot at hosting.

The loss hurts more than it seems. Normally such a loss is no big deal. But we dug such a deep hole at the start of the season, losses now seem more impactful. We still don't have a winning conference record. I feel we need to move to the top half to have a shot at hosting.
It hurts the same as a loss. We moved from 9 all the way down to 13 in the RPI. Need to win series not necessarily games. Gotta win today for sure.

clemson dropped their series to state this weekend. fsu gave up a walkoff to the same guy from bc in the 11th last weekend. Aside from arkansas, everyone looks pretty beatable right now. It’s baseball. Just keep getting better.

The key takeaway from yesterday for Wake fans and anyone paying attention is that Josh Hartle is figuring it out and close to being back to his dominate self. I absolutely despise losing way more than I enjoy winning, but I am much more encouraged by yesterday than discouraged.

Unfortunate that the bats and some key bullpen arms shared an off day yesterday. Put it behind you and move on. Gunther and Ray have been more reliable than not the last few weeks, and great in as many games as horrible. Johnston certainly better than he showed yesterday. Falco has even been good in the streak. They all had an off day against one of the better teams at the plate in the league. It happens.

We also got the bizarre post-Spring Game home crowd that won’t be there today.

Back