• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

I was not at the games this weekend but I have seen this guy….what a great Deacon fan! We could use a thousand more like him.

Let me get this straight… our own “security” approached him at the request of an opposing fan? This should not happen…this particular fan does nothing wrong, he simply brings fun and enthusiasm to the game. “Security” should have told the FSU fan to find another seat or go back to Tallahassee and left our guy alone.

At a minimum, he should get a call from Currie to apologize and Currie should make sure something like this never happens again. Fuck FSU…we owe them nothing.

The FSU fan behind him complained to security that he was standing up. Total BS.

After security and the cops talked to him for half an inning a bunch of kids gassed him up in between innings and the crowd cheered.

That guy was a total ass during game 2 as well but was sitting in section 10 - good for those kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That group of kids really got into the game as it went on and were hanging on every pitch, clapping and cheering. It was so great to see that. Part of me hopes it will make them WF fans for life, but we all know what that brings as well.
As for the douchebag fan, watching his reaction to the loss was priceless. I cant wait to visit with the older fellow during the Clemson series and hopefully buy that man a beer!

There were two security guards talking to him for a good while. And that was the reason? The FSU guy must be a miserable human being. The Wake fan is definitely owed an apology.

That group of kids really got into the game as it went on and were hanging on every pitch, clapping and cheering. It was so great to see that. Part of me hopes it will make them WF fans for life, but we all know what that brings as well.
As for the douchebag fan, watching his reaction to the loss was priceless. I cant wait to visit with the older fellow during the Clemson series and hopefully buy that man a beer!

Just wait to see f$u baseball fans' reactions to being relegated to a crap big20.

Can't happen soon enough.... they're a cancer in the ACC.

I was not at the games this weekend but I have seen this guy….what a great Deacon fan! We could use a thousand more like him.

Let me get this straight… our own “security” approached him at the request of an opposing fan? This should not happen…this particular fan does nothing wrong, he simply brings fun and enthusiasm to the game. “Security” should have told the FSU fan to find another seat or go back to Tallahassee and left our guy alone.

At a minimum, he should get a call from Currie to apologize and Currie should make sure something like this never happens again. Fuck FSU…we owe them nothing.
Security should handle every situation the same whether it’s a wake fan or an opposing fan making a request

Security should handle every situation the same whether it’s a wake fan or an opposing fan making a request
For matters of safety, security, medical emergencies yes, absolutely. But not when a fan is simply being a fan and cheering for his team. As we all could clearly see, there were plenty of empty seats for the fsu guy to move to. Problem solved. Instead, he chose to be a little bitch about it. He was probably the guy in school who took names when the teacher left the room

For matters of safety, security, medical emergencies yes, absolutely. But not when a fan is simply being a fan and cheering for his team. As we all could clearly see, there were plenty of empty seats for the fsu guy to move to. Problem solved. Instead, he chose to be a little bitch about it. He was probably the guy in school who took names when the teacher left the room
He’s going to add it to the list of grievances to try to get out of the exit fee.

My point is it shouldn’t matter is if it’s a Wake fan or an Opposing fan, security should handle the situation the same way. The idea that security shouldn’t have gotten involved because an opposing fan had the issue is ludicrus

My point is it shouldn’t matter is if it’s a Wake fan or an Opposing fan, security should handle the situation the same way. The idea that security shouldn’t have gotten involved because an opposing fan had the issue
Security did get involved and talked to the Wake fan, so equal protection was applied. My hope is the fsu fan makes a full recovery and is able to get all of the sand out of his vagina

I am also hearing that the FSU 🐈 did not have a ticket for the seat behind our big Deacon fan. Security should have started by making sure he was in his assigned seat. They may have…I really don’t know but makes it even worse if they did not question if the FSU guy even belonged there

We sat beside that guy at a Duke game earlier this season. He is great and we look for him on TV now. We were wondering what the deal was yesterday. I did not realize standing to cheer warranted a visit from security.

Back