• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Baseball Thread: What Did We Do To Deserve This?

Oof may take the night off from baseball. Hard to get myself excited to root for another come from behind win against a socon opponent.

This team sucks. Walter is horrible. They consistently come out unfocused for these mid week games. They also seem to lack any sense of competitiveness against these lesser teams…across all facets pitching, hitting fielding. They know coming in that they will get the best shot from these shitty teams yet they never seem to match the intensity of the opponent. Some of this carries over to the weekend and thus the inconsistent results. This reflects poorly on Walter and the program. No hits so far against fucking HP when they have put up 5 runs. Ridiculous. This may be the worst performance in program history relative to expectations.

I hope they come back and win but these games should not be consistently this difficult. I realize baseball can produce strange results at times but this team always seems asleep and unprepared.

What’s going on with these midweeks? I can see dropping the occasional game to a much worse team but it’s consistently shitting the bed against significantly worse teams at the moment.

Back