• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Women's Basketball Offseason - Grad transfer SMU PG Tamia Jones

Why are Hinds and Riley T out?

Any idea about the rest of the starting lineup?
Hinds has some sort of leg injury, Rylie dislocated her elbow and hasn't been practicing the past couple of weeks. Rylie should be back soon, Hinds, who knows.

Harrison/Quimby
Williams/Deeble
Andrews/Conley
Scruggs/McWorther
Cowles/Jordan

Bold will be the first team if I had to guess. Maybe Conley will replace Andrews. Deeble, Jordan, Conley would be first 3 off the bench (in that order) if I was in charge.

Williams is the best player. Hinds is the most important player.

23-15 Deacs after one quarter. We’ve looked great offensively

Deeble started over Harrison. Williams with 10 and Cowles with 8. Deacs up 23-15.

Deeble with a nice step back long 2 to end the quarter.

38-20 Deacs. Wofford sucks more than I thought they would but encouraging nonetheless.

Deacs let up in the last few minutes. Up 41-31. Cowles with 13 and 5. Jordan with 6 in her debut.

54-47 Deacs. Wofford made some good adjustments after the first quarter.

Ugh 54-52. They took out Malaya and Scruggs stopped posting up for some reason. We are much bigger than them. Pound it inside !!!

A little surprised that Deeble started over Harrison, but I like it. Deeble is more of a threat from 3. Lot of 3 guard lineups today. Good offensively against mid-majors, but unsure how well that's gonna hold up on the defensive end in ACC play.

It won't. But I'm glad they asserted themselves inside against one of the few smaller opponents they'll play. I was concerned Cowles wouldn't be effective. She had 19, flashed some stretch 4 potential, and had a key assist on a Deeble 3 during the 17-0 run.

I was worried about a single digit win season. Now I think they'll get a respectable 12-14 wins and pickup an upset or two in conference play.

Olivia Summiel led VT in minutes off with bench with 20 vs. High Point. She had 4 pts, 8 reb.

It won't. But I'm glad they asserted themselves inside against one of the few smaller opponents they'll play. I was concerned Cowles wouldn't be effective. She had 19, flashed some stretch 4 potential, and had a key assist on a Deeble 3 during the 17-0 run.

I was worried about a single digit win season. Now I think they'll get a respectable 12-14 wins and pickup an upset or two in conference play.
Cowles has skill. She's more talented/has better touch than Hinds, but Hinds is much stronger and in better shape. She's a brick wall.

Need Cowles to stay healthy and get back into game shape.

MMM's little sister keeps racking up the offers.

Here are some highlights from what looks like a Sweden-Denmark club tournament. She's playing U16 at 14 years old.

I haven't been following the Lady Deacs but just saw Jewel Spears' name flash during the Tennessee scroll at the bottom of this directional Michigan game. Looks like she's continuing to ball there, co-led scoring with 20 tonight. Didn't realize she had transferred out until I looked at the box score last night. Damn.

Back