• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Wake Women's Basketball Offseason - Grad transfer SMU PG Tamia Jones

Can we trade the women’s bball program for softball or women’s lacrosse? I’m convinced this program cannot be competitive. I’d rather have one that can win, even if it’s a less popular sport (although softball is VERY popular).
No.

For lack of better terminology, I think it’s a bad look that the one team usually dominated by Black women, a group that on the whole society has invested less in than basically any other historically, is also the team that Wake has never invested in. Also, it’s a fact that Black women make 63 cents for every dollar a white man makes and they make 21 percent less than white women. They also hold very little wealth in comparison to most other ethnic and racial groups. Therefore it makes sense that there isn’t a large pool of alums or parents of students and alums pouring money into a private plane, etc like has happened for some of our other women’s teams. So basically, my basis is systemic racism in our society. And I think Wake should address that and do better by those student athletes.
?

Up 27-20 at Cameron at the half. Five players combined shooting 6-6 from deep.

Playing UVA in the Joel right now.

I also feel bad for the team because so few people are here. At least half are family members of the elementary school choir that sang the national anthem (very well, I might add).

Elise Williams is by far our best player. Deeble & Thierkauf are scrappy and seem to do a better job directing the offense than some of the others. Not impressed with Scruggs at all.

Just saw the gamecock women put a thumping on UConn in front of sold out crowd. It was something. This might be the best team that Dawn Staley has had yet. Uconn hit a garbage three to cut it to 18 or else it would have been geno’s worst loss since 2007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back