• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

22 Problems Only Foodies Will Understand

I'm decidedly not a foodie, but I completely empathize with #10.

cilantro doesn't taste like soap to me, but it does taste what i would describe as "blank"

which i think is weird

I really hate the term foodie, though I would likely be classified as one. Reading that list makes me hate myself a little more because they are all applicable to me to some extent.

I really hate the term foodie, though I would likely be classified as one. Reading that list makes me hate myself a little more because they are all applicable to me to some extent.

Me too. People are always like oh Barca's a foodie, lets ask him where/what to eat. It's true I pay far too much attention to the local and national food scene and love cooking. But hate that term.

i refuse to wait in long lines for gimmick bs. that's the only one i really took umbrage with. those are the type of "foodies" i hate. the gold star foodies that need all their merit badges from bi rite ice cream and georgetown cupcakes.

I loathe the people who stand in line at G'Town cupcake. It's ludicrous.

I loathe the people who stand in line at G'Town cupcake. It's ludicrous.

Never been. Nor would I ever ever stand in line for a Cronut. If a new food truck has a long line at Farragut Sq when I go I'll just go to an old standby and wait a few months for the hype to die down.

i refuse to wait in long lines for gimmick bs. that's the only one i really took umbrage with. those are the type of "foodies" i hate. the gold star foodies that need all their merit badges from bi rite ice cream and georgetown cupcakes.

I went to Bi Rite last summer but only waited about 5 mins in line. Does it get bad?

I went to Bi Rite last summer but only waited about 5 mins in line. Does it get bad?

horrible. my fave aspect si that they sell the ice cream by the pint next door. you can walk in, grab a pint, and get out before the DONKS in line even step foot inside.

That was a quality Buzzfeed list, actually creative and many of them aren't obvious but so true!

I'd add being poor and a foodie is tough.

One of my favorite parts about Top Chef is watching the foodies criticize the food they're eating and then just be completely different from the judges. Everyone's entitled to their tastes, though, and I guarantee I'd do the same.... so no hate.

I absolutely love food, but I'll eat just about anything.

Back