• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

3 NC schools make list of 25 most dangerous college campuses in the US

I'm not surprised NCCU is on that list. The surrounding neighborhood has lots of places with bars on the windows.

i mean in the last year i think 2 students have been murdered and another has gone missing at USC

UNC just had that triple murder and eve carson

UVa had the serial killer and the lacrosse murderer

maybe its just me but murder trumps a bunch of little stick-ups

i feel like most wake kids get into trouble with crime wandering off campus

This list treats all crime the same, it appears. Seems like a poor use of the word "safe".

There have been 9 deaths at Appalachian State in this academic year, was expecting to see it on the list.

I mean I was robbed three times on Polo road but I lived.

Absolutely. But is the definition of "dangerous" just physical or mental as well?

Well I suppose it's how you look at it. It's all semantics but I'd argue that those who suffered from mental illnesses had them before they arrived at App. Personally I'd classify dangerous more as physical, at least in the the nature of this article since its stating the crime rate.

When I started at Wake in '96 W-S was like the No. 8 city in the country for violent crime per capita. But to say Wake is the 23rd most dangerous campus in the country is ridiculous.

When I started at Wake in '96 W-S was like the No. 8 city in the country for violent crime per capita. But to say Wake is the 23rd most dangerous campus in the country is ridiculous.

Really? I find that hard to believe considering they aren't even in the top 100 now.

Really? I find that hard to believe considering they aren't even in the top 100 now.

I'll see if I can find the stats. So far I can't find anything before 2000. But I did find an article that said that crime in W-S started to drop in G'boro and W-S starting in 1996.

Back