• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

30 Day Get Fit Challenge

DG3

I Am RJKarl
Reaction score
Details:

You have 30 days (starting Wednesday, June 19) to lose as many pounds and inches as you can. There will be a $100 buy in for each participant. At the end of 30 days, the person who has lost the most combined pounds and inches takes all.

Rules:

You must submit your start weight with picture evidence, your waist line inches with picture evidence, and your resting bicep circumference with picture evidence. At the end of the 30 day period, you must resubmit an "after" picture of each.

Fine Print:

The pictures and weight will not be public. Only a guest judge (to keep it fair) and I will see them and keep track of them in a spreadsheet. I don't give a shit how you lose the weight. Do loads of coke, amputate your own leg, get a trainer. I don't give a fuck. Although I don't encourage the first two, it would be entertaining and would truly show your willingness to make a dollar.

Side bets are allowed and encouraged.

If you have questions, PM me.

All participants must submit their pictures, weight, and entry fee be no later than 11:59 PM on Wednesday night. I will give you the Paypal email address once you are in.

Last edited:
I am in. I'll post after shots too...

Edit: No longer in since lbe has me convinced I can't win.

Last edited:
38841597.jpg

Question- will it be straight total pounds/inches lost, or as a percentage of starting weight/inches?

Yeah, I couldn't possibly lose more than seven or eight pounds. Some of you fatasses eat that much for lunch.

Last edited:
well that's incredibly unfair.

good luck in your endeavor.

People are super unmotivated... especially couch potatoes. If you actually try and stick to it, anyone has a shot. I know it will be more difficult for those of us in better shape, but it's still that extra bit of motivation.

People are super unmotivated... especially couch potatoes. If you actually try and stick to it, anyone has a shot. I know it will be more difficult for those of us in better shape, but it's still that extra bit of motivation.

lol, no way am i sending in $100 to a contest that there's zero way I can win. I mean, I wasn't planning to participate anyway, but was asking the question on behalf of others who might be... but seriously, for anyone who's already moderately in shape- doing straight totals and not percentage is a huge disadvantage if they're taking it seriously and not just gorging on watermelon before the initial weigh-in pics.

*eta: also, I don't trust people enough to not fudge the pictures. I could easily fluctuate my waistline measurements just by sticking my stomach out vs. clenching my abs right now. Oh look - winner winner! I lost 5 inches on my waist! It's a Christmas miracle!

Last edited:
lol, no way am i sending in $100 to a contest that there's zero way I can win. I mean, I wasn't planning to participate anyway, but was asking the question on behalf of others who might be... but seriously, for anyone who's already moderately in shape- doing straight totals and not percentage is a huge disadvantage if they're taking it seriously and not just gorging on watermelon before the initial weigh-in pics.

*eta: also, I don't trust people enough to not fudge the pictures. I could easily fluctuate my waistline measurements just by sticking my stomach out vs. clenching my abs right now. Oh look - winner winner! I lost 5 inches on my waist! It's a Christmas miracle!

PM if you need a watermelon. Good crop this year. Will FedEx.

Take a joke, son.

Reactions: DG3

The more I think about it, I have the same thoughts on fudging numbers, etc. There's no perfect format unless we're in the same place really. I don't even know why I'd participate, as I wouldn't win. Just a thought I had last night to offer a little motivation for others. I know when I started training, the motivation was the hardest part. Probs need to figure out a better format to make it work.

The more I think about it, I have the same thoughts on fudging numbers, etc. There's no perfect format unless we're in the same place really. I don't even know why I'd participate, as I wouldn't win. Just a thought I had last night to offer a little motivation for others. I know when I started training, the motivation was the hardest part. Probs need to figure out a better format to make it work.

in addition to doing it as a % of body weight (i agree with lbe that it is super unfair to just do a sheer number of pounds), i'd also reevaluate trying to do a combo of weight and pounds. maybe i'm just not well versed in how these things usually work, but i think you'd have to define that a little more. if one person loses more pounds, but the other loses more inches, who wins? maybe define more clearly how the results would be determined.

in addition to doing it as a % of body weight (i agree with lbe that it is super unfair to just do a sheer number of pounds), i'd also reevaluate trying to do a combo of weight and pounds. maybe i'm just not well versed in how these things usually work, but i think you'd have to define that a little more. if one person loses more pounds, but the other loses more inches, who wins? maybe define more clearly how the results would be determined.

Agreed. I think a measure of before and after BMI could be pretty good, but it's really hard to get an accurate BMI measurement, isn't it?

Back