• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

30 years ago, Bob Knight threw a chair

Don't get me wrong...I am not saying what Germany did was good (obviously) but if you give me a choice of living in Germany or Poland in 1939 I am going with Germany.

Racer, if you want to have a one-sided negative view of Bob Knight then that's you privilege. There is plenty of information out there to support what I have said.

Plenty...I'm not sure you're using that word correctly.

Bobby Knight was a great basketball coach. That is the only thing he has that allowed him to get away with being such a reprehensible human being. He won a lot of games and made a lot of money for IU, the Big Ten, the NCAA. As the number of wins began to decrease (not making past the NCAA second round in his last 6 years) so did the powers-that-be's tolerance for his behavior.

You can get away with being a miserable person as long as you win.

I like the announcer who said " There's a good chance that Bobby Knight will be thrown out of the game for throwing the chair".

Don't get me wrong...I am not saying what Germany did was good (obviously) but if you give me a choice of living in Germany or Poland in 1939 I am going with Germany.
You said the oposite of Hitler, an incompetent nice guy, rising to power would be worse. The choice isn't between Germany and Poland in 1939. It is between Germany under Hitler versus Germany under incompetent nice guy. You said Hitler is the better choice. Let that sink in for a second.

when does skins have to change his name to adolfhitlerfan?

Hitler did a lot of good things in the beginning. At least that's what I hear from Marge Schott.

Back