• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

35 Billion Dollar Cabinet Set to Drain the Swamp for the Middle Class

You'd think a bunch of white people who think going to a super white elite school qualifies them as experts on the black experience in America would appreciate Trump's approach here

How do you feel about DeVos' resume?

Tell that to John Kerry.

The current Secretary of State who enlisted in the Navy and received the silver and bronze star as a Vietnam veteran. A five term Senator from Massachusetts after being the Lt. Gov?

You really want to compare these two people?

The current Secretary of State who enlisted in the Navy and received the silver and bronze star as a Vietnam veteran. A five term Senator from Massachusetts after being the Lt. Gov?

You really want to compare these two people?

Dude, he married into money. What aren't you getting? It checks ALL the boxes ! SWIFT BOAT !

Question for people who like Trump's cabinet: Do you believe people who are rich are simply smarter than everybody else?

Of all people to make that comment.

Your comment is moronic. Devos was rich and married a rich person. She had no experience without her money. Kerry was very accomplished on his own decades before marrying Theresa Heinz. Thus comparing the two is nonsensical.

Question for people who like Trump's cabinet: Do you believe people who are rich are simply smarter than everybody else?

FREE MARKET ! MERITOCRACY ! Except Hollywood and Athletics. They are overpaid babies. Excluding the Mannings and Clint Eastwood, of course.

Hope that's not true. Rhee's Korean-American and ostensibly a Dem, but her policy stances are nearly identical to DeVos so no loss.

This. Dems don't appear to have been paying attention to education policy under Obama, either. These DeVos critiques are really the first time that the mainstream left has had issues with this brand of education policy that Obama more or less encouraged for the past eight years (which extended George W. Bush's disastrous foray into education policy).

I think that's an exaggeration. DeVos represents more support for vouchers and a broader rejection of public education.

Dem support for charters and free market education is troublesome though.

I think that's an exaggeration. DeVos represents more support for vouchers and a broader rejection of public education.

Dem support for charters and free market education is troublesome though.

I can't imagine the Rhee/reform crowd being too disappointed by DeVos's vision in practice. But maybe this election has turned me full cynic.

I can't imagine the Rhee/reform crowd being too disappointed by DeVos's vision in practice. But maybe this election has turned me full cynic.

If Trump wanted the cosmetic appearance of Dem in his cabinet, Rhee was probably his best bet. Not terribly different policy positions from DeVos. Tulsi Gabbard's name has been floated, but her policy positions are much further from the GOP base than Rhee's.

Back