• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

4th Grade Science Quiz

ThinkingWithMyDeac

Reaction score
Since today is a slow Friday I present to you a 4th grade science quiz. This thing has been hitting facebook this week and Snopes did some investigating to show it is true and it is from a small private religious school. With that said it is ridiculous and not right to teach children that something is scientific when it is completely and utterly faith based. Religious private schools have the ability to teach anything they want but should put it in the context of a bible class, christian history etc... not make fantasy land science. I think my favorite answer is "WERE YOU THERE"

r9zMehq.jpg

quiz2.jpg

I wonder how they'd feel if a school had a religion test:
1. True or False Catholics are cannibals because they eat the body and blood of Jesus Christ every Sunday.
2. Draw lines connecting the pagan holidays Christians converted into their own special occasions.
etc.

The most offensive part of that test is that the dinosaur at the top of the "Genesis and the Gospel" quiz is also an answer to a quiz question.

I mean, you can't just be a douchebag-style moron religious nutwing, you also have to cheat for the kids as you brainwash them? And how is that giant fucker hiding under lotus flowers anyway?

And the "smile" sticker is almost as bad. It's like, "oh, is your reasonable brain alerting you this might be bullshit? Forget it! Just smile! Being a complete idiot is the key to happiness!"

I'm just going to assume this is fake so I can retain my sanity.

Somehow I doubt kids in India and Asia are taking similar tests.

Nice column in the paper earlier this week: http://www.journalnow.com/opinion/columnists/article_6de8df2e-aad0-11e2-a9a4-0019bb30f31a.html

Unfortunately, it spawned this response from Missouri:
Writer had it dead wrong on debate over teaching creationism
In response to Tina Dupuy column in the April 15 paper entitled “Teaching creationism hurts kids, undermines education system,” I’d like to say, “Phooey!”
From the article it sounds like she has some real issues with her mother. It may be good therapy for her to vent in the column, however she submits NO scientific evidence of the evolution theory. The only item she mentioned was when she wrote, “There’s plenty of self-evident evidence (see: the flu virus). …”. A virus is not even a living organism.

From the Answers in Genesis website (answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v1/n1/has-it-evolved) : “So what should one say if asked, “Is the ‘bird flu’ evolving”? It could be said that the avian influenza genome is evolving only in the sense that it’s continually changing and modifying, and not in the sense that it will someday be something other than an influenza virus. Yes, influenza viruses do possess a certain degree of variability; however, the amount of genetic information which a virus can carry is vastly limited, and so are the changes which can be made to its genome before it can no longer function.”

“Scientists” tell us the moon is 4.6 billion years old. If it were then the Apollo 11 astronauts should have stepped off into several feet of space dust instead of the inches they did. Based on the accumulation of dust (which is measured by “scientists”) the moon would be 7-10,000 year old.

The word dinosaur means “large lizard” — Ms. Dupuy, we still have large lizards. In fact, large lizards were small when they were young. Noah could have easily had immature “dinosaurs” on the Ark. Natural Science museums do not show the rabbits, squirrels and other currently known animals whose bones were found with the dinosaur bones. It would be to hard to explain why they were living together in the same times.

When I was in school in the 60s we learned about the cavemen: The Peking man, the Java man and others. When they were exposed as hoaxes, they were not removed from the textbooks.

I could list many scientific reasons that macro-evolution makes no sense but we believe what we want to believe. As an ancient text says, “For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.”

I have taught in a Christian school (St. Paul’s Lutheran) for the past fifteen years. We look at both sides of the argument. The government schools only look at one side so who is getting a “better” science education? We are not afraid of the scientific discoveries. They prove the Bible true! The Bible is not a bunch of “stories.” It is a record of God moving in the history of mankind. We cannot prove that God created the earth and everything in it in 6 days, no one we know was there to see it. Neither can we prove that a spark started life billions of years ago. No one was there either. And we certainly cannot replicate either in a lab. So, Ms. Dupuy, it all comes down to what we want to believe. I understand that if you do not believe that God created the world in six days then you probably have a difficult time in believing the account of God’s amazing work in the lives of people then and now. My prayer is that God would touch your life in a mighty way so that you will know with certainty that God is real.

Nice column in the paper earlier this week: http://www.journalnow.com/opinion/columnists/article_6de8df2e-aad0-11e2-a9a4-0019bb30f31a.html

Unfortunately, it spawned this response from Missouri:
Writer had it dead wrong on debate over teaching creationism
In response to Tina Dupuy column in the April 15 paper entitled “Teaching creationism hurts kids, undermines education system,” I’d like to say, “Phooey!”
From the article it sounds like she has some real issues with her mother. It may be good therapy for her to vent in the column, however she submits NO scientific evidence of the evolution theory. The only item she mentioned was when she wrote, “There’s plenty of self-evident evidence (see: the flu virus). …”. A virus is not even a living organism.

From the Answers in Genesis website (answersingenesis.org/articles/aid/v1/n1/has-it-evolved) : “So what should one say if asked, “Is the ‘bird flu’ evolving”? It could be said that the avian influenza genome is evolving only in the sense that it’s continually changing and modifying, and not in the sense that it will someday be something other than an influenza virus. Yes, influenza viruses do possess a certain degree of variability; however, the amount of genetic information which a virus can carry is vastly limited, and so are the changes which can be made to its genome before it can no longer function.”

“Scientists” tell us the moon is 4.6 billion years old. If it were then the Apollo 11 astronauts should have stepped off into several feet of space dust instead of the inches they did. Based on the accumulation of dust (which is measured by “scientists”) the moon would be 7-10,000 year old.

The word dinosaur means “large lizard” — Ms. Dupuy, we still have large lizards. In fact, large lizards were small when they were young. Noah could have easily had immature “dinosaurs” on the Ark. Natural Science museums do not show the rabbits, squirrels and other currently known animals whose bones were found with the dinosaur bones. It would be to hard to explain why they were living together in the same times.

When I was in school in the 60s we learned about the cavemen: The Peking man, the Java man and others. When they were exposed as hoaxes, they were not removed from the textbooks.

I could list many scientific reasons that macro-evolution makes no sense but we believe what we want to believe. As an ancient text says, “For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness. And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.”

I have taught in a Christian school (St. Paul’s Lutheran) for the past fifteen years. We look at both sides of the argument. The government schools only look at one side so who is getting a “better” science education? We are not afraid of the scientific discoveries. They prove the Bible true! The Bible is not a bunch of “stories.” It is a record of God moving in the history of mankind. We cannot prove that God created the earth and everything in it in 6 days, no one we know was there to see it. Neither can we prove that a spark started life billions of years ago. No one was there either. And we certainly cannot replicate either in a lab. So, Ms. Dupuy, it all comes down to what we want to believe. I understand that if you do not believe that God created the world in six days then you probably have a difficult time in believing the account of God’s amazing work in the lives of people then and now. My prayer is that God would touch your life in a mighty way so that you will know with certainty that God is real.

Jesus fucking christ. The stupid burns. I can't believe there are people out there teaching these things to unsuspecting young children.

I wonder if she uses air quotes every time she says the word "scientists" when she teaches both sides of the discussion at her Lutheran church/school.

Aren't Marshall, Will and Holly proof enough that man and dinosaurs lived together?

ERMAGERD. This is insane. They are using still using 50 year old studies that have long been thrown out the window. Yes, at one time, there were fringe worries that the lunar landers would disappear into meters of dust. As it turns out, they were unfounded as the rates of dust accumulation were GREATLY exaggerated in these studies. Not to mention the fact that the Moon still has gravity which would help compress dust over time.

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/moon-dust.html - Calculates a layer only 66cm thick over 4.5 billion years.

Who said this?

"All that stuff I was taught about evolution and embryology and the Big Bang Theory, all that is lies straight from the pit of Hell and it’s lies to try to keep me and all the folks who were taught that from understanding that they need a savior.”

"You see, there are a lot of scientific data that I’ve found out as a scientist that actually show that this is really a young Earth,” he said. “I don’t believe that the Earth’s but about 9,000 years old. I believe it was created in six days as we know them. That’s what the Bible says.”"

Back