• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

50 greatest arcade games of all time

1. SINISTAR

Not really, but that game creeped me out since it would talk to you while you're playing other games.

Really can't argue with their top 10. Ms. Pac Man is an easy 1 though.

Watching a video of the completed Dragon's Lair a few years ago was pretty eye opening.

Watching a video of the completed Dragon's Lair a few years ago was pretty eye opening.

Not a great game in terms of control, but damn, you were playing a cartoon made by a legend.

Dragon's Lair was hard as hell to play, but what made it special is it looked worlds different than anything else in the arcade. This was the other popular game at the department store in my town that had Dragon's Lair.

Pretty good list. When I was a kid, I would walk about two miles to a local market to play this 10 yard fight. Times have changed.

Used to love Spyhunter, and I remember when After Burner came out and it was awesome but cost like a buck.

I'd fit QBert and Asteroids on my own top 50 arcade list. My personal favorite was Vanguard but I know that wasn't popular.

Used to love Spyhunter, and I remember when After Burner came out and it was awesome but cost like a buck.

Wasn't it in a motion cabinet?

I remember a space fighter game in the early 90s at our arcade that had a big footprint and multiple degrees of freedom. Can't remember the name though. It was definitely a $1 game.

The best part about After Burner is that you could turn the controller all the way to one side, then jerk it quickly to the other side and it would cause the plane to do a barrel roll. Didn't help with the actual game or anything, but it was cool.

We spent a small fortune on this game as a kid.

Gauntlet_game_flyer.png

How can they exclude Asteroids?

And Galaga and Galaxian should have both been included as a single entry.

Back