• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

6 to 8 Years

Reaction score
To build a program in the ACC according to this idiot color guy.

Sorry guys even if we get Giles, Parker, Tatum and Smith its still going to take at least 5 more years to build our program.

Actually that comment was so dumb it's pretty justified.

Who the fuck roles into year 8 of a rebuild on solid footing?

That same asshole also wondered if the Wake administration would give Danny Manning enough time. Fuckstick, that administration gave one of the worst basketball coaches in ACC history 4 years.

It was dumb but man am I glad I came across a guy with a handle dedicated to one of the greatest jobbers in WWF history. Love the iron mike sharpe name.

Actually that comment was so dumb it's pretty justified.

Who the fuck roles into year 8 of a rebuild on solid footing?
Look at Paul Biancardi's record as a coach. This is why ESPN basketball recruiting analysis is a joke.

I suppose it depends on what you're left with. Skip had a good program and took it to number one, then flat lined. Then he dies and Dino takes it back to number one in a hurry.

Honest question. Has there ever been a rebuilding at any major hoops program that lasted 6-8 years before the coach was fired? I can't think of one.

And a surreal thought would be Wellman giving Bzz an eighth year. Imagine that.

And a surreal thought would be Wellman giving Bzz an eighth year. Imagine that.

you gotta have time to graduate TWO full classes from start to finish before you can judge a coach

you gotta have time to graduate TWO full classes from start to finish before you can judge a coach

Lol yeah this makes it even sillier than it already was. Great point. Comical that 8 years is the upper end of the "minimum" time. That's 10% of people's lives.

"Son, I have a 6-8 year plan to get State U. back on top and you're a big part of that."

"But I wouldn't be there after 6-8 years."

"Sorry, that's just how long it's going to take."

numbers, that's a great way to look at it. Kenny Herbst went from a Wake basketball player to a Wake professor in not much more time than that.

Last edited:
"In order to truly become competitive, we're going to implement the 50 Year Master Plan. By 2064, Wake Forest will be a top 10 team."

That announcer was an idiot. There's a reason he's a commentator on ESPN3. He said a lot of stupid things tonight. Plus that Joisey accent was unbearable.

I didn't mind though when neither announcer could pronounce He Who Shall Not Be Named's name correctly.

I would say by 8 years most coaching tenures have had their greatest success and are typically on the decline. Not all, but most.

Back