• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

6 to 8 Years

I suppose it depends on what you're left with. Skip had a good program and took it to number one, then flat lined. Then he dies and Dino takes it back to number one in a hurry.

Honest question. Has there ever been a rebuilding at any major hoops program that lasted 6-8 years before the coach was fired? I can't think of one.

Flatlined? We finished last in 2006 & tied for 11th in 2007. That is flatlining at the bottom also with not much post season success

"Son, I have a 6-8 year plan to get State U. back on top and you're a big part of that."

"But I wouldn't be there after 6-8 years."

"Sorry, that's just how long it's going to take."

numbers, that's a great way to look at it. Kenny Herbst went from a Wake basketball player to a Wake professor in not much more time than that.
Wait, Legalize Herbst is a Wake professor now? Damn I feel old. What field?

if buzz was going to pull childress and the rest would have followed then he is correct.

i think this may have happened

manning will get credit for what buzz was gonna get

if buzz was going to pull childress and the rest would have followed then he is correct.

i think this may have happened

manning will get credit for what buzz was gonna get

no way, we weren't even remotely on giles radar until manning came to town

If you look at the bzzaster era as years 1-4, we are now in year 5 and then yes by year 6 next season we should be on the way back to post season play.:thumbsup:

Back