• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

8-4

That was a very good defense we played against. I think we will have more offensive success against most teams, excluding the top 20 teams.
Conversely, that was a horrible QB on BC . Our Backs are going to get shredded a few times this year.
I predict 7-5 with some creative play calling on offense.
we're never going to lose again

That was a very good defense we played against. I think we will have more offensive success against most teams, excluding the top 20 teams.
Conversely, that was a horrible QB on BC . Our Backs are going to get shredded a few times this year.
I predict 7-5 with some creative play calling on offense.

I agree if we can get creative play calling on offense. Have not seen much of that. 6-6 seems pretty doable. 7-5 or 8-4 would be awesome and would be pretty much maximizing our potential.

That said, you have to go 2-0 before you can get to 14-0. National championship is still viable. Go Deacs.

We have a schedule that could create a good record. However, it's very bad to have F$U and Clemson back-to-back. This could end all the positives and destroy the confidence of our team.

If we get 10 points against Clemson it will be a miracle. I think the chances of being shut out are better than 50/50. Their defensive front seven is insanely good.

ugh, Jinx

Playmakers we haven't had in years on both sides of the ball

God this is a huge jinx. There is 0% chance we go better than 7-5. Realistically, the best we can do with this schedule is 6-6. it doesn't mean we are not good, the schedule is just brutal.

I think 13-0 is on the table but is that enough to make the playoff? Would there be multiple 1 or 2 loss teams ahead of us? Now is the time to ask....

An undefeated P5 team will make the playoff. Plus, Wake would have wins over Louisville, Clemson, FSU, Notre Dame, and Georgia Tech.

If we get 10 points against Clemson it will be a miracle. I think the chances of being shut out are better than 50/50. Their defensive front seven is insanely good.

So there's a better than 50% chance that our offense is worse than Kent State's?

That's not the same thing. Game 1 is not the same as a conference game later in the season when you moving towards a playoff position.

The problem I see is in the inconsistency. We averaged 3 yds per carry. 33% of our carries went over 3 yards (16 of 48). Wolford was at 45%, Carney 25%, Calhoun was 30.7% We got 7 of 15 first downs were from runs, which is OK. But I want what the Panthers had two years ago. They could run the ball when they wanted to. They could run the ball when they had to. And they could run the ball when the other team knew they had to. 8 in the box will open up the passing game.

This is reckless. We were up 21 pts. before the 4th quarter....We intentionally made conservative calls to shorten the game. We were wise not to open up the playbook against BC.

Look at the details - we put together a 13 play, 7 min 46 sec. drive (10 of 13 plays were runs) in the middle of the 4th quarter that resulted in a FG....Almost the perfect drive for the situation. Oh and only 1 of the 10 runs on the drive went for more than 3 yds.

This is reckless. We were up 21 pts. before the 4th quarter....We intentionally made conservative calls to shorten the game. We were wise not to open up the playbook against BC.

Look at the details - we put together a 13 play, 7 min 46 sec. drive (10 of 13 plays were runs) in the middle of the 4th quarter that resulted in a FG....Almost the perfect drive for the situation. Oh and only 1 of the 10 runs on the drive went for more than 3 yds.
My point is that when we can run the ball, move the chains and control the clock, it rests our defense and keeps the opponent off the score board. It's what Oklahoma did to Ohio State. Your example of the FG drive was sandwhiched between a three and out with 1:34 off the clock and one with 2:28 off the clock. In the first half the defense gave the O a short field on a fumble recovery for a TD. Flipped the field for Wolford's TD and a pick six. In the second half, we had a punt after 4 plays, the 2 three and outs. The TD drive was 2 yds. I agree with you about the FGs drives, first of 12 plays, 65 yards, and 3:48 off the clock. The second of 13 plays, 68 yards, 7:46 are optimal for offensive control of the game. The Deacs took every advantage that BC handed them and the offense can thank the defense for them.

My point is that when we can run the ball, move the chains and control the clock, it rests our defense and keeps the opponent off the score board. It's what Oklahoma did to Ohio State. Your example of the FG drive was sandwhiched between a three and out with 1:34 off the clock and one with 2:28 off the clock. In the first half the defense gave the O a short field on a fumble recovery for a TD. Flipped the field for Wolford's TD and a pick six. In the second half, we had a punt after 4 plays, the 2 three and outs. The TD drive was 2 yds. I agree with you about the FGs drives, first of 12 plays, 65 yards, and 3:48 off the clock. The second of 13 plays, 68 yards, 7:46 are optimal for offensive control of the game. The Deacs took every advantage that BC handed them. This was Clawson's first P5 win at WF with a TD scored, and the offense can thank the defense for them.

Virginia, Indiana, Syracuse and Duke last year

Back