• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

8-4

I caught that. That's why I edited it. There is also no P5 team on that list that had a winning record for the season.

So which three of the following are we going to win: @Clemson, Fla State, Louisville, @Ga Tech, @Notre Dame and NC State?

Utah st, app, duke, state, Syracuse, notre dame. 8-4. Tough but doable for sure. I'll take 6-6

I think we beat FSU in W-S and put the nail in their coffin but lose to at least 1 of NCSU and @ ND

So which three of the following are we going to win: @Clemson, Fla State, Louisville, @Ga Tech, @Notre Dame and NC State?

Louisville, Ga Tech, and NCSU would be the most likely wins. I don't see any way we beat FSU or Clemson. The jury is still out on just how good Notre Dame is.

Louisville, Ga Tech, and NCSU would be the most likely wins. I don't see any way we beat FSU or Clemson. The jury is still out on just how good Notre Dame is.

With Francois out, FSU is starting a true freshman QB that was supposed to redshirt. Maybe he will shock the world, but in most cases, that scenario results in very conservative gameplans, and even so, the QB makes critical mistakes when the offense is forced to open up. On that basis alone, FSU will lose a couple that were unexpected heading into the season. Maybe one of those will be at WF.

Yes, we all wrote a loss to FSU in ink on the 2006 schedule. I believe we beat them 3 straight, no? No one knows what can happen with a good Wake team at home against a weakened FSU team. Not going to concede that one.

We also took FSU to the wire two years ago with a vastly inferior team

They didn't exactly blow us out last year either.

Last time we beat FSU it was a similar scenario, wasn't it?

Def simliarties -- their QB situation was in flux, it was early in the year, we were playing well. Manuel was banged up and didn't start and Trickett started and sucked, then they put Manuel in to try and rally but wasn't enough

Def simliarties -- their QB situation was in flux, it was early in the year, we were playing well. Manuel was banged up and didn't start and Trickett started and sucked, then they put Manuel in to try and rally but wasn't enough

Crappy QB play definitely opened the door for us but the 3 in a row streak was at the expense of Xavier Lee/Drew Weatherford and Christian Ponder correct? I feel like I remember Xavier Lee and Weatherford being the two best contributors for Wake in our 30-0 win in Tally

In 2006 those inept FSU QBs beat UVa 33-0 in the game before we played them. We were not expected to win that one even at that point in the season.

Oh no, we were at least a TD dog if not more. Pretty sure we weren't favored in any of those 3 in a row.

The Thursday night game the following year was a blast. One of the most fun Wake football games ever, up there with the BC win in 06 and Clemson Thursday nighter in 08(?).

Back