• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

___________ will be our Defensive Coordinator in '19

3761110_orig.gif

Brad White is an assistant at KY and still hasn't been a coordinator. Dean Hood an assistant there too.

Brad White is an assistant at KY and still hasn't been a coordinator. Dean Hood an assistant there too.

I don't think we have to find coaches with Wake connections. Clawson didn't have one and neither did Sawvell. While it would be nice to have an alumnist join the staff, in hopes of long term stability, I think Wake is at the point where they can find the best person to fit the need, regardless of that person's personal connection to Wake.

Torrian Gray. Currently DB coach for the Redskins. Learned under Bud Foster (who at last check was verifying whether Torrian has any eligibility left).

Aaron Curry!

All kidding aside he has gotten great reports about his coaching. We could sure use some LB assistance.

Satterfield just inked an extension through 2023 this past Friday. On top of being an App player and coaching there for 18 years. I really doubt he's going to leave App anytime soon.

All good points, but coaching for a Power V school typically trumps all of those factors. Satterfield may be content to be the Mark Few of college football, but Satterfield would be bucking some exceptionally strong trends among the college football coaching brotherhood to stay at App rather than reap the benefits of a massive pay day and the prestige of coaching in a Power V conference.

….anybody because he or she will be better than the last guy.

All good points, but coaching for a Power V school typically trumps all of those factors. Satterfield may be content to be the Mark Few of college football, but Satterfield would be bucking some exceptionally strong trends among the college football coaching brotherhood to stay at App rather than reap the benefits of a massive pay day and the prestige of coaching in a Power V conference.

I guess that's true. I don't know the terms of the new deal, but he was only making ~$450,000/year under the last one. However, he's been involved with App over 25 years as a player or coach and was mentored by Moore, who was there for 24 years. Money may talk more loudly, but I don't see him leaving for UNC this year. If timing were different and UNC weren't a dumpster fire, I could see it a lot more (maybe will be UNC's coach after their next coach).

Brad White spent several years coaching with the Colts. A former linebacker with NFL experience might be a plus.

Both Brad White (outside LBs) and Dean Hood (special teams and DBs) are defensive assistants at Kentucky under Mark Stoops. Neither one is the DC.

Back