• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Choose Your Own Adventure thread

You guys talked about murdering elves for months and now you don't know why you'd want an army?

Yeah sure option 3, let's conquer some shit

yeah army is the only option here

we need manpower if we want to free the people of charlisp, surely we can raise a sizable force once they see we have the ability to fast-travel and have achieved total zen

raise army -> then free charlisps people -> then go get revenge on those damn elves (now with a sizable contingency of charlisps people joined w/ our army, so inspired by our liberation efforts)

raise army -> then free charlisps people -> then go get revenge on those damn elves (now with a sizable contingency of charlisps people joined w/ our army, so inspired by our liberation efforts)
200w.gif

Yeah, this is the order of operations I was thinking too. We'll see what choices dungeon master townie gives us after the army is raised.

Absolutely. We can also tell Charlisp we need to raise an army to ensure that we do the best job we can getting little buddy back home to his people.

We can tell Charlisp that if he had even an ounce of bravery that we would be more willing to prioritize his people

I have a hard time believing Townie will reward the building of an army and subsequent slaughter of a race/species/cricket. This seems like a dead end.

I have a hard time believing Townie will reward the building of an army and subsequent slaughter of a race/species/cricket. This seems like a dead end.
We're liberating Charlisps people first w/ the army. You think you can saunter in and defeat some baddies with just zen power?

Charlisp better jump in front of an elf's pointy hat weapon at some point to save us or else he seems a colossal waste of resource.

You have chosen to return back to your homeland, the land of men, to raise an army. Upon your arrival many await in the foothills of the great mountains.

You begin your speech “I have been on a long and valiant quest. Where I thought I sought treasure, I actually sought enlightenment. I have traveled through time and space. I have seen the great beyond. And now I know the destiny of our people. We, the great race of men, should raise an army to free our world. Who amongst us is willing to take on this quest, to fulfill our destiny? Will you take up arms with me, friends, comrades, countrymen?”

A lone voice steps up in the crowd: “Our people have not been fighters for a very long time. And why should we follow you?”

You take a breath. “That much is true. For far too long our people have been languishing without a purpose, without a will, without a connection to what makes us who we are, a great and mighty and powerful, proud people. For we are men! Distracted by the ways of gold and science and government, we have strayed from what built our people and shaped our destiny. Do you not feel the need for glory in your blood? Do you not feel the need for a noble and righteous victory in your bones? Do you not choose, honoring the very earth you walk on, the very air you breathe, the sky you sleep beneath, not only to live, but to CONQUER AGAIN?

I can lead us. I have been to a place none of our kind has been. I have spoken with a people who have bestowed me with a sight, a vision, a sense of purpose that can define us. Who is with me?!”

A great roar rises in the crowd. Men kiss their women, drop their banners and tools, and raise their fists in the air. “The Army of Zolkobb! The Army of Zolkobb! The Army of Zolkobb!”

You have rallied your army. They will follow you now to the ends of the earth. Be wary of the power this now grants you, for you hold more than one life in your hands now, and life is all we have in this world.

What shall you do next?

A) visit the land of the elves, prepare for battle
B) attempt to find the enslaved cricket hold with Charlisp’s help
C) explore across the sea to places not yet seen by the race of men

The answer with the most votes tomorrow at 5 PM will carry us forward.

B) sticking with the plan, the elves will have their time

Back