• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A college degree is a lousy investment

What about the people who created their big wealth hole in advance (parents) so they didn't have to take out huge loans in the first place ? What do they get ? Pat on the back ?

Not even. Wtf, y’all want a participation trophy for being rich now?

in bankruptcy, the people who own the company lose their investment and the lenders take over. Drawing a parallel to student loans is impossible, as the lenders can't "take over" the borrower.

So I guess now you think it’s immoral for a lender to forgive debt.

i don't understand how you got here. lenders are welcome to forgive debt, but they don't unless forced to. what is your point?

Nah I want you to write me a check for $0.01 to cover the amount of money I threw down for your (likely) ostentatious McMansion in the Charlotte suburbs when you claimed the MID, you crabby old fuck.

lol

does anyone have access to the San. Francisco Chronicle's archives? b/c good luck trying to read the actual article/op-ed from 1970

just curious b/c it's an oft-cited quote but im curious what the rest of this spicy take's message was

not much context

Fa_BW_mUYAAXPH6

What about the people who created their big wealth hole in advance (parents) so they didn't have to take out huge loans in the first place ? What do they get ? Pat on the back ?

It's a $125,000 annual income cap, right? If there are parents in that income bracket who paid for their kids' college without taking out loans, I'm fine with them getting the 10k check too.

Since biff is now against undeserved government handouts I’m sure he’ll be raising hell against the mortgage interest deduction. Especially since that pretty much only benefits people with huge mortgages (the rich) these days after the tax law change.

I bought a responsible house and now my mortgage interest isn’t high enough to clear the standard deduction anymore. Meanwhile some guy that overextended themselves on a jumbo mortgage has way higher mortgage interest and therefore gets my tax dollars handed to them due to their poor financial choices!

in bankruptcy, the people who own the company lose their investment and the lenders take over. Drawing a parallel to student loans is impossible, as the lenders can't "take over" the borrower.

The judge could declare the bankrupt student to be Biff's butler

Back