• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Day Without Immigrants

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Businesses owned by and having numbers of immigrant employees are closing in CO and other places to protest Trump's amping up of ICE deportations. This is an interesting type of protest. If it goes national later in the year, it could disrupt many cities and industries.

Some cities and towns could be tremendously impacted. It could truly put faces and numbers on how important immigrants are and the effect Trump is having.

Businesses owned by and having numbers of immigrant employees are closing in CO and other places to protest Trump's amping up of ICE deportations. This is an interesting type of protest. If it goes national later in the year, it could disrupt many cities and industries.

Some cities and towns could be tremendously impacted. It could truly put faces and numbers on how important immigrants are and the effect Trump is having.

Do you have a link for this? Who shuts there means of livelihood down as a way of protest, that doesn't make any sense.

Edit to say they are only shutting down temporarily to to protest. Ohhhhh damn the Mexican resturant is closed, guess I will eat at the Chinese place, who also hire immigrants but care about making a decent living for themselves and families.

Last edited:
Was on the news this morning on tv as well as NPR. Pretty well known protest at this point if you're plugged in at all IMO.

Do you have a link for this? Who shuts there means of livelihood down as a way of protest, that doesn't make any sense.

Edit to say they are only shutting down temporarily to to protest. Ohhhhh damn the Mexican resturant is closed, guess I will eat at the Chinese place, who also hire immigrants but care about making a decent living for themselves and families.

You're so right. It's more important to make money than to right wrongs.

The only morals have dead presidents on them.

Local school district allowed this to be an excused absence for kids who no show.

You're so right. It's more important to make money than to right wrongs.

The only morals have dead presidents on them.

Meh, my family is composed of 1st/2nd generation Muslim immigrants. They came legally from China and have worked their asses off. We are working today.

Meh, my family is composed of 1st/2nd generation Muslim immigrants. They came legally from China and have worked their asses off. We are working today.

But you respect the right of others to not work today, correct?

Like libs have ever needed an excuse to not work, amirite?

I think it's incorrect to broadly describe immigrants as "libs."

Also, believe it or not, most of the immigrants who are taking off today are still getting paid since they have vacation days.

Yeah, I went to a Mexican restaurant for lunch to see if this protest was legit, and all the usual employees were still there. Solid fajitas too.

2&2 couldn't even go one day without immigrants. Imagine how bad it's going to be with the wall. He wouldn't have even had to go past the corner for a taco if Hillary had won.

But you respect the right of others to not work today, correct?

Yeah, personally you can do what you want. If I owned the business and you didn't show up on a scheduled work day I would fire your ass though, unless you went through the appropriate means to take the day off.

Back