• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A dog just showed up at my house

My oldest won't be around, so it's a moot point. Does that make sense?

Some of you are making this way too complicated, IMHO. Child number one is leaving for college. She won't be around to take care of him, but she also won't have a schedule that dictates where we are each weekend. Child number two is in high school now, which frees up our fall weekends (no club soccer). Child number three is the one who wants the dog and will primarily take care of him. She's 11. Seven years is a long time. Sure, the dog will be around when she leaves for college. He'll be 8 years old. I'm not sure it makes sense to worry about "what ifs" that are seven years away. I do appreciate the advice, though. Thanks everyone, and I mean that. It's always good to consider things from different angles, and your story is a familiar one, Drummer.

My oldest won't be around, so it's a moot point. Does that make sense?

Some of you are making this way too complicated, IMHO. Child number one is leaving for college. She won't be around to take care of him, but she also won't have a schedule that dictates where we are each weekend. Child number two is in high school now, which frees up our fall weekends (no club soccer). Child number three is the one who wants the dog and will primarily take care of him. She's 11. Seven years is a long time. Sure, the dog will be around when she leaves for college. He'll be 8 years old. I'm not sure it makes sense to worry about "what ifs" that are seven years away. I do appreciate the advice, though. Thanks everyone, and I mean that. It's always good to consider things from different angles, and your story is a familiar one, Drummer.

So... it's now coming up on 7 years since this thread happened. Have no idea why Moon brought it back to the top, but hope the dog and family are doing well.

So... it's now coming up on 7 years since this thread happened. Have no idea why Moon brought it back to the top, but hope the dog and family are doing well.

trying to figure out the origin story for "beautiful family siff"

Thanks 923.

Family is doing well. Oldest is graduated and working in Texas. Middle child is a college sophomore. Youngest is a HS junior who we are taking on a college visit to State in the next half hour. Oreo the Cava-Tzu will be 7 in June and has been ours since July 2011. He's a diva, but he's awesome.

Back