• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A legitimate discussion about Wake's chances to make a bowl

How many games will we win out of our final 4

• All four

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Two

Votes: 52 77.6%
  • None

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Three

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • One

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ResilientDeac

Reaction score
We sit at 5-3 with Notre Dame (5-3), @ Clemson (8-1), Maryland (2-6), and Vanderbilt (4-4) left in our schedule. I think that if we can win two of these games that it is possible that we will go to a bowl game. It is feasable for us to win 3 of these games; ND, Maryland, and Vandy, but more than likely we are going to get slaughtered down in death valley.

Our play against Carolina was abysmal and if we play like that again we won't win any of these games, however, I doubt that we will play that poorly again.

Discuss.

I think we'll end 7-5 and probably be in Shreveport or San Francisco. Real talk.

we only need one, and i think we'll get it.

TwoLegit.jpg

I think if they play the type of game they are capable of playing then we will beat ND, Maryland, and Vandy and will end 8-4

I'd be surprised if we only won one more game. I'd be shocked if we didn't win another from here until the end of the season.

You are rarely as bad as you look on your worst day (unless you are coached by Jeff [Redacted]). This past Saturday was our worst day. I expect that we'll see better performances in the three remaining home games, I just don't know that we have enough to stop ND--big, strong receivers have been dominating us, and they have plenty of those. I do think we'll have good chances to win against Maryland and Vandy.

We're going to get a hole stomped into our chests at Clemson, though.

I think it also needs to be said that even if we go 6-6 it is a huge improvement from 3-9

I think if they play the type of game they are capable of playing then we will beat ND, Maryland, and Vandy and will end 8-4

If we play the type of game we are "capable" of playing every weekend, we would probably be 7-1 right now. I expect we'll have 1-2 more bad games before the season is over. My hope is that the bad games don't come against the beatable teams. Duke and GW were the only teams on our schedule that we could play a bad game and still beat.

Last edited:
I think we'll probably lose to ND and Clem and beat Md and Vandy to end the season strong.

Vandy is hard to figure though. Their 4 wins have been against teams with losing records and their 4 losses have been against ranked teams, including some close ones. We're the only team with a winning record left on their schedule.

it doesn't help our chances any that Clemson has a bye week and has two weeks to prepare for the best way to leave our mutilated bodies in death valley

This is what I posted on the bowl watch thread, but I've change a few things.

IMO: We'll finish 7-5, (5-3) probably in a tie for 5th (Miami) Carolina is going to finish 8-4, (4-4), in a tie for 7th with Virginia. Carolina could jump us in bowl rankings (because of win#) We should probably be looking at the #5-#7 ACC bowls.
1. Clemson: 11-1 (7-1)
2. Virginia Tech: 10-2 (6-2)
3. Florida State: 9-3 (6-2)
4. Georgia Tech: 9-3 (5-3)
5. Wake: 7-5 (5-3) (Finished higher than Miami in division?)
5. Miami: 7-5 (5-3)
7. Virginia: 7-5 (4-4) (Beat Carolina)
7. Carolina: 8-4 (4-4)
9. NC State: 6-6 (3-5)
10. Maryland: 3-9 (2-6)
11. Duke: 3-9 (1-7)
12. Boston College: 2-10 (1-7)

My prediction:
0% - Orange Bowl in Miami - ACC #1 (Clemson)
0% - Peach Bowl in Atlanta - ACC #2 (Va. Tech or FSU)
0% - Champs Sports in Orlando - ACC #3 (FSU or Va Tech)
10% - Sun Bowl - ACC #4 (Georgia Tech)
25% - Belk Bowl in Charlotte - ACC #5 (Wake or UNC)
40% - Music City Bowl in Nashville - ACC #6 (Wake or UNC)
25% - Independence Bowl in Shreveport - ACC #7 (Wake, Miami, Virginia)
0% - Military Bowl in Washington D.C. - ACC #8 ( Virginia or Miami)
0% - Fight Hunger Bowl in San Francisco - ACC #9 (Virginia or NC State)

Last edited:
This is what I posted on the bowl watch thread:

IMO: We'll finish 7-5, (5-3) probably in a 3 way tie for 3rd in conference (with Georgia Tech & FSU) Carolina is going to finish 8-4, (4-4), good for 6th. Carolina could jump us in bowl rankings (because of win#) We should probably be looking at the #5-#7 ACC bowls.

My prediction:
0% - Orange Bowl - ACC #1 (Clemson)
0% - Peach Bowl - ACC #2 (Va. Tech)
0% - Champs Sports - ACC #3 (FSU)
10% - Sun Bowl - ACC #4 (Georgia Tech)
35% - Belk Bowl - ACC #5 (Wake or UNC)
30% - Music City - ACC #6 (Wake or UNC)
25% - Independence - ACC #7 (Wake or Miami)
0% - Military Bowl - ACC #8 ( Virginia or Miami)
0% - Fight Hunger - ACC #9 (Virginia or NC State)
[/QUOTE]
Do we know where those 5-7 bowls are?

Our chances for Nashville are pretty good right now since UNC will likely go to Charlotte (now that they can jump us), especially if we can get to 7 wins.

Right now we are predicted to play against Tennessee in Nashville, which would be awful because it would basically be a home game for them.

I would rather us get #5 and play in Charlotte

Back