• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A legitimate discussion about Wake's chances to make a bowl

How many games will we win out of our final 4

• All four

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Two

Votes: 52 77.6%
  • None

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Three

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • One

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I doubt Tennessee plays in Nashville again. Either way I'd prefer Nashville but can live with Charlotte.

I can see us winning two; but I can also see us going winless for the remainder of the season. Vandy is going to be very tough and who knows where Maryland will be by the time we play them...for that matter who knows where our young team will be, especially if we get obliterated over the next two weeks.

I can see us winning two; but I can also see us going winless for the remainder of the season. Vandy is going to be very tough and who knows where Maryland will be by the time we play them...for that matter who knows where our young team will be, especially if we get obliterated over the next two weeks.
we are young this is true... but we have also played with a lot of heart this year and I doubt what happened against Carolina will happen again this season

The more I think about it, the more I see UVA jumping us for the other 5th/6th spot. We're totes Shreveport or SF bound.

we are young this is true... but we have also played with a lot of heart this year and I doubt what happened against Carolina will happen again this season

I don't understand your doubt...we haven't played well since the first quarter of the VT game. That's 11 straight quarters of bad football. NC wasn't an isolated game. I think we'll play some good football to finish the season, but I also think we'll play some bad football as well.

Oh really? We're a 14 point underdog this weekend and will be a 20 point underdog next weekend. It's going to happen.

I say we just win all 4 making us 9-3 and firmly plant ourselves ahead of 5-7

Voted one win. We are double digit underdogs to both Clemson and ND, and will be about 3-5 point favorites over Maryland. Vandy will likely be a pick'em, but they are better than people are giving them credit for too.

Oh really? We're a 14 point underdog this weekend and will be a 20 point underdog next weekend. It's going to happen.

Exactly...after 3 straight bad games, and with ND and Clemson ahead, don't underestimate the effect that losing the next two (even if we're "expected" to lose") could have on the overall mentality of the team. 5 games with the only win being a nail biter over Duke isn't exactly something that would build confidence in a team.

I think we need this ND win, not only because it gets us a bowl game, but because it could have major consequences on the state of our team when we play Maryland and Vandy to close out the season.

Exactly...after 3 straight bad games, and with ND and Clemson ahead, don't underestimate the effect that losing the next two (even if we're "expected" to lose") could have on the overall mentality of the team. 5 games with the only win being a nail biter over Duke isn't exactly something that would build confidence in a team.

I think we need this ND win, not only bec

GO ON?!?!?!?

All of what you are saying is true... however, we knew that VT was nasty and going to smash us but we have been playing well at home. What happened against Carolina was, nothing happened, Price completely crapped the bed and going into that game we had only committed 5 turnovers all season and then he accounted for 4 of our 5, which he will more than likely not repeat.

You're the one that named this thread "A LEGITIMATE discussion"...
although it has been said being a wake forest fan is a lesson in futility it doesn't mean in our legitimate discussion that we can't have a little hope

The more I think about it, the more I see UVA jumping us for the other 5th/6th spot. We're totes Shreveport or SF bound.

Yep, Virginia is going to be 4-4 unless they're upset by Duke at home or at Maryland. And they jump us at 3-5 anyway.

Yep, Virginia is going to be 4-4 unless they're upset by Duke at home or at Maryland. And they jump us at 3-5 anyway.

Does Virginia travel well enough to jump us so easily? Probably so, which is why I really hope things work out for us to go to Charlotte. I assume we would bring more fans there than Carolina, seeing as how 90% of our fanbase lives an hour away. Even with more tickets sold, Carolina's greater TV draw might still win the day.

If we beat Maryland, Virginia can't jump us at 3-5.

I don't know if Charlotte would rather have Va or WF.

Does Virginia travel well enough to jump us so easily? Probably so, which is why I really hope things work out for us to go to Charlotte. I assume we would bring more fans there than Carolina, seeing as how 90% of our fanbase lives an hour away. Even with more tickets sold, Carolina's greater TV draw might still win the day.
yea but Carolina has 300 million "fans" that show up out of the woodwork whenever Carolina does well

No way we go to San Francisco unless we completely shit the bed. Even LOWF would travel better to D.C. (Military Bowl) than Miami would, and I really doubt that Navy is going to be bowl eligible.

If we beat Maryland, Virginia can't jump us at 3-5.

I don't know if Charlotte would rather have Va or WF.

Really? That's fucking sad as hell. If there was a bowl in Winston-Salem, would they take us over Virginia?

We have no chance of getting Charlotte over Carolina and their hordes of WM fans in Charlotte.

Back