• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A little History for those collected here

I've been posting in the various forums since around 1996 or so. We had two or three golf outings way back in the day - 2000 or so? Met lots of posters then and at the Orange Bowl tailgate years later, many of whom still post regularly today. There are even a hand full I knew in real life before the boards, but I'm not even sure some of them remember who I actually am. ;)

I vaguely remember that tailgate. It worked out magically because I had surgery the week before and was free leading up to the OB. We loaded down 3 vehicles with beer from the local Walmart, essentially buying everything they had. I think we raised $1500 or so for that tailgate. Interestingly enough, I seem to have taken on the role as Boards treasurer for anything and everything since then.

Like ATS, I also showed up in the early 2000s, and got dropped into some pissing match between certain Wake posters and State posters, the genesis of which preceded my arrival. After a relatively short period of time, some psycho mod from the State board banned the entire group from the Wake board. For life.
She also banned me for life, although I had neither registered nor posted on the State board.

I floated a question as to why I was included in this group and, to my amazement, she responded that it was because of the awful things I said about Coach Valvano on the Wake board Subsequently I read somewhere that she had been relieved of her duties due to possible psychological issues.

Fun times back on TOB.

RR Rhenish (Rick the Deac on AOL) told me years ago that some of the AOL posters thought that Coach O was Dave Odom and that Rick the Deac was actually Ricky Stokes (then a Wake asst coach).

Well, in the early days of AOL, Tom Petty's screenname was something like Tpetty1.

I vaguely remember that tailgate. It worked out magically because I had surgery the week before and was free leading up to the OB. We loaded down 3 vehicles with beer from the local Walmart, essentially buying everything they had. I think we raised $1500 or so for that tailgate. Interestingly enough, I seem to have taken on the role as Boards treasurer for anything and everything since then.

You were the head cook as well, if I remember correctly.

Like ATS, I also showed up in the early 2000s, and got dropped into some pissing match between certain Wake posters and State posters, the genesis of which preceded my arrival. After a relatively short period of time, some psycho mod from the State board banned the entire group from the Wake board. For life.
She also banned me for life, although I had neither registered nor posted on the State board.

I floated a question as to why I was included in this group and, to my amazement, she responded that it was because of the awful things I said about Coach Valvano on the Wake board Subsequently I read somewhere that she had been relieved of her duties due to possible psychological issues.

Fun times back on TOB.

wolfchicee. I always thought she had a EE bra size. Turns out she was an Electrical Engineer. She wasn't even the most psychotic of the PackPride mods.

There's this one dude, JamesHenderson or something like that, who's a Lumbee. He disciplines anyone who points that out or says anything bad about the tribe, including the supposition that it's not a real tribe.

Here are some board names from an AOL ListServ from March 18, 1997 - damn near 20 years for those who don't feel like counting:

newsome, ars7, cl68, coachO, deachead1, jojesma, mandars, ritawc, suzrichard, swatd, swimsouth, timyanks1, wak4est, warrenbat, wfu71, dhs, jheydt, davehall, lambert, brownah5

And some others from about that time period ... deacdeke, exiled deac, hoops, deacindc, dekalbdeac, rjkarl, deac83, deacfan, potomacdeac, dan87, katau, reef, vermontdeac, 94deac, graduateddeac, rcbc, bleeding b&g, illinois deac, scooter, wfunme, newberndeac, mtdeac, chrispy, deacfreke, dcon, deacindurham, deacinga, deacondeaton, demondeke, dieharddeac, dillon fence, dkin, garycagle, goldberg, indy, massdeacon, oldestdeac, playasgottaplay, raleighdeac, rcbc, ronzo, safroom, tripledeacon, turftoega, wake forest gump, wayward son, wfunme.

Still lurk around

You were the head cook as well, if I remember correctly.

1923259_508400908413_6456_n.jpg

I hate that I cant find the pic of the 80 year old grandmothers chugging Grolsch from the mini kegs with us. Funny how quite a few people left the Deacon Club tailgate for ours because it was more fun.

One of the best tailgates even with the rain.

I've been posting in the various forums since around 1996 or so. We had two or three golf outings way back in the day - 2000 or so? Met lots of posters then and at the Orange Bowl tailgate years later, many of whom still post regularly today. There are even a hand full I knew in real life before the boards, but I'm not even sure some of them remember who I actually am. ;)

oh, yes we do..... ;)

I think this was on the AOL board. There was a kid that was going to UNC (I think) at the time and was supposedly cousins with Taron Downey. He was always bragging about things and seemed a little unstable. And then I think he got arrested for something pretty serious. Does any of this ring a bell?

I think this was on the AOL board. There was a kid that was going to UNC (I think) at the time and was supposedly cousins with Taron Downey. He was always bragging about things and seemed a little unstable. And then I think he got arrested for something pretty serious. Does any of this ring a bell?

DMLHeel..."M" stood for Mercedes

Lurked in the late 90s - early 00's when I was a younger fella

-started posting under the name PaulISthe1(or something close to that) in 03-04
-posted under the name ImAWakeFan after that from 06-10
-became CreamyGoodness in 2011

DMLHeel..."M" stood for Mercedes

Ahh, Darius, I actually met him once at a UNC football game. Seemed like a nice enough kid, but man, he had some emotional problems. It's been a fun 20 years - I've met some really great people and have spent way too much time drinking with rjkarl the past 18 years on my trips to SoCal.
- the poster formerly known as Bleeding Black & Gold (apparently that username was too long for this forum)

Shhhhh....remember I'm a total asshole and no one would want to admit to being seen in public with me...AZ, I thought you knew that...

Dan87 is who moonz dreams about being.

Nah. I just stopped trying. Pretty sure ogb selected me as best new poster back in Ds scout era--2005

Pretty sure I printed it off and framed it in my office

It's probably on my resume as well

Back