• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A POS To The Bitter End

Nina

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
[Redacted] said he believes his team has made progress from last season, despite an identical 6-12 ACC record.
“Nine of our players are freshmen and sophomores, and we haven’t shown the consistent mental toughness to win on the road,” the Deacons’ coach said. “But I think our guys are beginning to understand.
“Yeah, we’re 6-12 in the league like we were last year. But we’ve got some really good recruits coming in, and we’ve got two key players injured (forwards Greg McClinton and Daniel Green). We are in a better place this year than we were last year.”

Statistically, this has been one of his best seasons as a head coach. The only problem is that he is an abysmal failure as head coach with a sub-500 career record.

Last edited:
If they are "beginning to understand" they are way the hell ahead of him. He understands nothing. Clueless doesn't begin to describe him.

2 of the top 4 scorers are graduating.
And 66.45% (103 of 155) of our 3 point shooting is graduating (68.67% if you just count conference games).

I seriously have no idea who is going to make 3 pointers for us next year. We're gonna be so easy to defend.

He seems to recruit nothing but players who don't have the mental toughness to win on the road. Or rebound.

Wellman is probably feeling conflicted about how to take care of his
predicament on when to fire his POS coach. Fire him tomorrow and
risk a massive student and fan quad rolling celebration. Do it after the ACC
tournament and get tons of negative national press in the middle of his
big NCAA gig. I love it.

"Two key players" that have yet to play an ACC game?
Got it.

big NCAA gig. I love it.
Nah, students are on spring break this week. Firing him before next Sunday would help prevent a massive quad rolling celebration, although I'm sure the local alums and townies would step up.

big NCAA gig.
I love it.

Why would he get negative press for firing a coach with a losing record? If the firing of Dino didn't generate a lot of negative press, no way the firing of Buzz will.

Why would he get negative press for firing a coach with a losing record? If the firing of Dino didn't generate a lot of negative press, no way the firing of Buzz will.

You're right. Really just meant the embarrassment

For what it's worth, his statement is accurate that we are in a better spot than last year. That said, we are still eons away from where we should be and he brought the success of Odom/Skip/Dino to a screeching halt.

[Redacted] said he believes his team has made progress from last season, despite an identical 6-12 ACC record.
“Nine of our players are freshmen and sophomores, and we haven’t shown the consistent mental toughness to win on the road,” the Deacons’ coach said. “But I think our guys are beginning to understand.
“Yeah, we’re 6-12 in the league like we were last year. But we’ve got some really good recruits coming in, and we’ve got two key players injured (forwards Greg McClinton and Daniel Green). We are in a better place this year than we were last year.

I agree with this statement

last year we weren't about to get a new coach, this year we are

Back