• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A rainy opening night?

BirdinBama

Reaction score
Weather.com saying 90% chance of rain/thunderstorms for Thursday night. Yuk!

Run the ball!! Pound them with the run. Don't show BC anything

The Deacs rolled Cuse in the rain last season. That said, rain won't help the gameday turnout.

Turnout will suck regardless. Scheduling a hapless I-AA team on a Thursday night will keep actual asses in the seats under 15K.

Forecast I looked at said rain in the morning and then overcast at night. But it's four days out.

A night encounter with wet hoes?

Get big you hairy Deacs!

Turnout will suck regardless. Scheduling a hapless I-AA team on a Thursday night will keep actual asses in the seats under 15K.

The lunch group was guessing around 15,000 on a good night for this Thursday & I also added 25,357 will be put in the paper the next day as the official attendance.
But rain could really knock it down to 10-12,000 as the women who come out just for the tailgating will stay home then.

The lunch group was guessing around 15,000 on a good night for this Thursday & I also added 25,357 will be put in the paper the next day as the official attendance.
But rain could really knock it down to 10-12,000 as the women who come out just for the tailgating will stay home then.

Dies anybody know how many season tickets we sold this year? I already have my tickets for Thursday, but just for grins & giggles I went to the ticket site to see what availability is by section. Surprisingly it's medium/low in a number of sections, and in the visitor section it's sold out.
We sell a fair number of season tickets, as evidenced by the rotation of people using them each game (often fans of the visiting team). I recall one year a nice young family in Wake gear sat in front of us the entire season, and we played UNC at home late that year. I was surprised (not shocked) when the family arrived before kickoff with Dad in Wake gear, mom and 2 kids head-to-toe in Hole regalia.

76fDMQ.gif

Latest from Weather.com: Rain in the morning. Scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon. High near 80F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 70%.

It did the same thing last year.

Hopefully whatever the weather, we'll score more than 7 points. I would've bet good money we weren't going bowling after that Tulane game, glad I was wrong.

There is no telling what this administration will announce as the official attendance number, but I don't think you could get 10,000 actual people there if it was free.

Attendance is tickets sold, not people through turnstiles.

Back