• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A rat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, for the record, I abstained from the snow flake vote. Didn't want to go on record. History would judge me either way.

Cookout wanted them to be Tar Heel blue. Sings to his soul, he said.

As you said in rep, Irish, this may be piling on. You'll get no disagreement from me. But it's laughable to think Moon would start a thread like this and expect sympathy or respect or loyalty or whatever the fuck.

He has said things on this message board to my close friends that, if he said them in person, to our faces, I'd have no problem throwing down.

If I'm being sensitive, as he and DV7 have repeatedly told me, then he is being sensitive if he cares the tiniest bit what people are piling on or saying in this thread.

It's funny that OGB comes back contrite and humble, and Moon is aggressive and brooding, yet this is considered piling on. Moon can go fuck himself. He takes out insecurity on the internet, the most dwarf-like thing I can imagine.

What's frustrating to me more than him, though, is hearing him defended by you and others whom I respect. I'm all for free speech and giving people the benefit of the doubt. This board is light years beyond Scout in that regard and others. Just don't expect me to pull up from "whining" or "piling on."

Last edited:
Had to drive back from Atlanta this afternoon and am just getting back to this thread.

While I appreciate the expressions of support, I have no desire to become a martyr or to resume my previous position. Twenty months is long enough to be a mod, and I'd floated the idea of stepping down anyway. The fallout from my sending the parody list (and it was only a list of parodies, with no registration/e-mail/IP information attached), was simply the final straw.

The most important decision I'd been a part of in the past month was voting on whether the snowflakes in our Christmas icon up top should be white or blue, and, when a decision of any significance does need to be made, I believe the mod team does an excellent job on the whole. As far as I'm concerned, things are settled and done, and this thread serves no further purpose except to get people riled up.

So many questions remain

Sources say nothing more was sent, Moonz claims more was sent. The only reason for Moonz to lie would be to provide some sort of justification of anger the board would find more reasonable. But if there was no additional information then is Moonz breaking his own rule of taking things too seriously? Will his self image implode upon realization of this or will he be able to convince himself more was sent. Or was more actually sent and there's a coverup.

At the end of the day our moderator team is now 16.67% tarheel, which is 16.67% more than I would like. Moonz seems to be a man of integrity and loyalty so I, for one, hope he bounces back and gains even more control, not less.

#Onemoretogo

And fuck Townie, 3 hours ago you posted that the harpoon scene was coming up on TNT. 3 hours ago I needed to get to work, and now of course the harpoon scene is upon us. And I own this movie.

Ever since he said I was a top 15 poster, we all knew something was up. Clearly I'm top 3.

Contrite and humble? OGB? Hah. C'mon Townie, you're smarter than that. He got caught doing something he knew he shouldn't have done. Since being caught, he's been contrite and humble because hey, it's easy being contrite and humble then. He could've been a huge pain in the ass about this, and we're all thankful he hasn't been. But still, use that critical thinking thing.

Moonz is justified in his anger, in my opinion, though as you and many others have pointed out, his hypocrisy on the matter is rich. So if this makes you feel better for all the times he called you names, go for it. Just know it's kicking a man when he's down, something I'd expect you to pontificate about in as many words as possible as being beneath you and unbecoming of a Wake Forest grad.

I simply posted a defense of his function and role as a moderator when asked, and stand by it.

Moonz is justified in his anger, in my opinion, though as you and many others have pointed out, his hypocrisy on the matter is rich. So if this makes you feel better for all the times he called you names, go for it. Just know it's kicking a man when he's down, something I'd expect you to pontificate about in as many words as possible as being beneath you and unbecoming of a Wake Forest grad.

Should this really be taken that seriously? It was pretty obvious that "gaybone" & co. were him, and it was a dick move to lie about it.

Kicking him while he's down? Because people know who his parodies are? Must be a crushing blow.

But as OGG so eloquently reminded us, you mods took an oath. Which Moon also repeatedly broke. A taste of his own medicine was too bitter? Sucks for him.

Anyway, out of respect for you, Irish, and because you seem to think there's some critical thinking missing from what I'm saying, I'll quit this thread. I'd love to hear from Moon about some of the things asked here.

One more rambling, parting thought. I know my verbose responses and their serious tone can be construed as taking this place too seriously. I agree that myself and many others are guilty of this frequently.
Right or wrong, whatever small part of my life this website offers in terms of providing me news, fostering discussion, and keeping up with my friends, that's worth discussing and protecting. I don't want to undersell the job the mod team does, all members included. But some members, moon included, make this a less enjoyable and friendly place for fellow Wake fans to hang out.

Just know it's kicking a man when he's down, something I'd expect you to pontificate about in as many words as possible as being beneath you and unbecoming of a Wake Forest grad.

Kicking a man when he's down? It was a bunch of parodies that I'd bet annoyed the vast majority of the board (obviously counting the 65 Moonz parodies as 1 vote).

A parody here and there is funny. That many, all the time, is too much. I'd also wonder if someone who isn't Moonz could've gotten away with something like Gaybone.

I'd understand being mad if it wasn't obvious that moonz uses the mod info to look up personal info on people for his insults

Kicking him while he's down? Because people know who his parodies are? Must be a crushing blow.

But as OGG so eloquently reminded us, you mods took an oath. Which Moon also repeatedly broke. A taste of his own medicine was too bitter? Sucks for him.

Anyway, out of respect for you, Irish, and because you seem to think there's some critical thinking missing from what I'm saying, I'll quit this thread. I'd love to hear from Moon about some of the things asked here.

One more rambling, parting thought. I know my verbose responses and their serious tone can be construed as taking this place too seriously. I agree that myself and many others are guilty of this frequently.
Right or wrong, whatever small part of my life this website offers in terms of providing me news, fostering discussion, and keeping up with my friends, that's worth discussing and protecting. I don't want to undersell the job the mod team does, all members included. But some members, moon included, make this a less enjoyable and friendly place for fellow Wake fans to hang out.

You simultaneously mock another poster for taking one part of e-life too seriously, then defend yourself for taking another part of e-life too seriously. How Moonz of you.

Contrite and humble? OGB? Hah. C'mon Townie, you're smarter than that. He got caught doing something he knew he shouldn't have done. Since being caught, he's been contrite and humble because hey, it's easy being contrite and humble then. He could've been a huge pain in the ass about this, and we're all thankful he hasn't been. But still, use that critical thinking thing.

I simply posted a defense of his function and role as a moderator when asked, and stand by it.

Man, I don't know. If it's really just parody names, is it really so obvious that it's terrible? Mods frequently out taggers, reppers, and parodies in the middle of threads. This seems just like that, writ large.

But some members, moon included, make this a less enjoyable and friendly place for fellow Wake fans to hang out.

That's your mistake, you think that this should be a friendly place for Wake fans to hang out. What this really should be is a place where strangers insult eachother, negativity is king, and we make sure that anyone with any sort of physical trait that isn't common is mocked relentlessly. This is where the mods enlightenment has greatly surpassed yours, they see what this place truly can be, and how glorious it can be.

Last edited:
I'm frankly offended that something as vital as a snowflake vote wasn't put in front of the entire community. I mean, the wrong decision could've set the entire place ablaze.

That's your mistake, you think that this should be a friendly place for Wake fans to hang out. What this really should be is a place where strangers insult eachother, negativity is king, and we make sure that anyone with any sort of physical trait that isn't common is mocked relentlessly. This is where the mods enlightenment has greatly surpassed yours, they see what this place truly can be, and how glorious it can be.

All that editing and you still didn't get it right. It's "mods' enlightenment."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back