• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Reminder why Bzz going nowhere anytime soon...

The search function is like kryptonite for Jaybone.

I'm a pussy because you're too lazy/dense/basking in your own equivocation of what expecting 15 wins is to use the search function? Right. Got it. I realize you take a lot of pride in being "The Bzz guy that's going to prove us all wrong someday," but come on and step back from the ledge. You're acting like a petulant clown.

I'd be very impressed if this team gets to 15 wins, pre-ACC tourney.

I don't think you get it. I don't take pride in being the Bzz guy. I'm setting expectations that if not met would kick me off the bzz wagon. I just expect Bzd to meet those expectations.

I'd be impressed with 15 wins pre-ACC tourney too.

My expectation is that the coach at Wake Forest should average at least 20 wins. Obviously we weren't going to do that last year or this year with the guys we've lost and what we know now.

So I'll start with last year as a baseline. We won 8 games. That's pitiful, it's terrible, it's inexcusable. We at least had the talent on the team to beat the Stetsons of the world and instead we laid down.

On to this year. If we get to 15 wins, I still won't be thrilled with Bz but I'll at least be appeased. Like I've said a number of times, the biggest thing I'm looking for this year is that the guys on the roster improve. I thought we were starting to see it after VT and MD, but then we took a huge step back - just like last year. If Bz can right the ship and get this team to 14 or 15 wins this year I'll be appeased.

Next year I expect 19-20 wins and at the very least to be on the bubble. And realistically, with 6 freshmen coming in if we win 19 games next year we should be in the tourney because it means we should be playing damn good ball by the end of the year (that improvement thing again). If we go to the tournament next year I will be BzzIn.

Year four, I don't know yet. But we should improve again. I'll be looking at the 2013 recruiting class as a big indicator, because whether or not Bz can bring in a talented class right after a well-rated big class will tell us a lot about Bz's ability to have sustained success here. He's never done it before, but maybe it can be his first.

Fundamentally, a lot of the positions on this board aren't that far apart. You have guys like Bone and RJ who say we should support our coach until they see sufficient evidence to say otherwise. And honestly, I can't say they are wrong. I tend to look at it from the perspective that at the time he was hired, the body of Bz's career was not sufficient to earn him the right to coach at Wake Forest. That meant he had to earn it on the job, and he still hasn't done it yet. For what it's worth, I wasn't thrilled with the Prosser hire when it was made. I was even on the news saying if you're going to run off Dave Odom, why bring in a guy with almost the same career win percentage against lesser competition? Well, Skip quickly proved me wrong and won me over. Bz hasn't done it yet, although obviously Skip had a lot more to work with.

The point is we all see the things but we still argue because we disagree on which perspective should have the burden of proof. I'm still not happy with the Bz hire, and I'm downright bitter that the state of the program under his leadership has made me so apathetic, even though I still watch whenever I can. From my standpoint, that's just something he's going to have to overcome.

Fundamentally, a lot of the positions on this board aren't that far apart. You have guys like Bone and RJ who say we should support our coach until they see sufficient evidence to say otherwise. And honestly, I can't say they are wrong. I tend to look at it from the perspective that at the time he was hired, the body of Bz's career was not sufficient to earn him the right to coach at Wake Forest. That meant he had to earn it on the job, and he still hasn't done it yet. For what it's worth, I wasn't thrilled with the Prosser hire when it was made. I was even on the news saying if you're going to run off Dave Odom, why bring in a guy with almost the same career win percentage against lesser competition? Well, Skip quickly proved me wrong and won me over. Bz hasn't done it yet, although obviously Skip had a lot more to work with.

agree with everything in the post but the bold word. i think the difference between bzzIN and bzzOUT is that bzzOUT thinks he should not have been in the position for the privilege of coaching wake. bzzIN seems to act as if he has the right to coach at wake. bzz has not earned any breathing room for himself yet but that is wellman's fault for putting him in the position he did.

Wow. Seriously? [Redacted] and his recruits take us to the dance next year and you still wouldn't support the team?

How can you justify that?

First impressions are a bitch.

I don't live in NC and my first game of the Buzz regime was the Presby game last year when I was visiting my parents (which we lost). On the way home, I heard Buzz basically say that he has tried everything to reach these kids, but he has no idea how to do it. It was the most negative, condescending thing I have ever heard a coach say.

A year later, I still believe him. He has no idea how to coach 18 to 22 year olds. He does not deserve to be the head coach at Wake Forest, and I am still baffled by the hire.

It used to make me angry, but now I just don't give a shit.. not just about Wake, but about NCAA basketball. I have watched maybe 2 full games (not just Wake) this year.. Thanks Buzz! You killed my ability to enjoy college hoops.

If he were to go to the NCAA tourney next year, I would tolerate him, but I will never support him as the coach. I will resume my normal giving levels once he is gone.

Luckily, we don't have to worry about Buzz making any sort of tournament. As he said, he has no idea how to reach his players.

Luckily, we don't have to worry about Buzz making any sort of tournament. As he said, he has no idea how to reach his players.

Case in point...

The main player that everyone said he did reach and got to buy into his system, JTT, pretended to have an alcohol problem and got away from the program at basically his earliest opportunity.

So the player that everyone said bought in the most transferred away after 1 season. Sweet.

Stupidest logic ever. You are saying he parked his car on the side of the road waiting for a cop to arrest him so he could plead alcohol related issues so then he could transfer ... instead of ... I don't know ... just transferring?

Yes, my post was all completely serious.

He obviously made up that bullshit alcohol problem story to deal with the law after making a 2nd dumb mistake in a month.

ETA: The fact remains however that the guy everyone said bought into Mr. [Redacted]'s system fucked off at his earliest opportunity. Actions speak louder than words.

Last edited:
Stupidest logic ever. You are saying he parked his car on the side of the road waiting for a cop to arrest him so he could plead alcohol related issues so then he could transfer ... instead of ... I don't know ... just transferring?

no. the dui was all his. but claiming an alcohol problem was perfect timing to get outta dodge. not sure that's the case but it sure seems like it could be.

good post. If you loan one testicle to Irish, I'll loan one to Deacvision

God you're a fucking whiny douchejuice, aren't you? Stop tarnishing the worth of all of our degrees and show some basic Internet search engine understanding. No wonder you're so baffled OGB keeps quoting you from past statements - you don't know how to use the god damn thing.

From 12/30/11, after 40 seconds of work:

What would make me happy this year? A NIT-berth, for one. A road win or two in the ACC would also be nice. Not getting humiliated by ASU would've been ideal. But more esoterically, some signs of life from a program headed straight for ApathyTown. I remember a full, energized Joel that was rocking and pissed off old fogies that didn't like noise. Now it's a tomb. That's not all on Bzzz. But some of it is.

Link: http://www.ogboards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7847&highlight=irishslim+[Redacted]&page=17

Now shut the fuck up and wait for your beloved loser to get destroyed by 40 tomorrow night.

With disgust,

JET

Thanks Irish but you're still pussing out. Nit birth and you're happy for the year. Got it. Two road wins. Ditto. What about the next two years? Show some balls. Set your parameters

You're a pussy until you do. Most writers are pussies but I was holding out hope for you. No more.

Thanks Irish but you're still pussing out. Nit birth and you're happy for the year. Got it. Two road wins. Ditto. What about the next two years? Show some balls. Set your parameters

You're a pussy until you do. Most writers are pussies but I was holding out hope for you. No more.

Admit you're a shameless, equivocating, spineless, goalpost-moving, always wrong, especially always wrong about anything related to basketball both pro and college, Bzz-slurping, JET-hating, lame gay-joke-making, John Kerry waffling douchejuice, and I'll lay out my 10-year plan/vision/parameters, year by year.

ETA: You also have to allow me to change your handle to "The Lectro of Basketball" for a day.

Last edited:
My fearless prediction:

If we keep sucking, a jihadist-style takeover of the athletic building will ensue. Then our hostages will endure days of being pimp slapped across the face until they get enough money from donors to get Phil Jackson down here (even if that means clearing a section of ZSR so he can have a Zen room or whatever). We will then do a basic search of the best recruits in the nation and Calipari them until they decide to don the black and gold. If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin.

Begged

So on the other board someone was saying bzz had to be begged to stay. Anyone on here hear this? Could he leave on his own. .?

Back