• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A Reminder why Bzz going nowhere anytime soon...

Sad thing is, I'm having some difficulty trusting that Wellman will make a good hire if and when the day comes that Bzzzz is out. I'm seriously discouraged.

Admit you're a shameless, equivocating, spineless, goalpost-moving, always wrong, especially always wrong about anything related to basketball both pro and college, Bzz-slurping, JET-hating, lame gay-joke-making, John Kerry waffling douchejuice, and I'll lay out my 10-year plan/vision/parameters, year by year.

ETA: You also have to allow me to change your handle to "The Lectro of Basketball" for a day.

You're such a big pussy, though I appreciate the time it took to whip that up. I don't and won't spend the time to wade through old posts, but I'm pretty even keel. I was wrong on JET and admitted it. I was wrong throughout last year's NBA playoffs and again, admitted it. I have more spine that anyone on here, especially you.

I am sometimes shameless and I have been known to nudge the goalposts around. I was Bzz-slurping on the hire and am now wait and see slash hopeful. He's meeting my goals for the year, to date, but there is work to be done from here to March. He's made strides. I'm afraid his ceiling is not high enough, but he's got two years 2 months from today so I choose to play from that reality.

I did like John Kerry to George Bush but that felt like having to pick between Kardashians. They both blew.

Those weren't gay jokes by whatever.

I don't know you from Ricky Ricardo but I'd put my money on Ricky in a fist fight. You're a Big Pussy - again, as far as I can tell from on here. I have a toddler but spend an occasional night in the city with friends. Would be happy to meet on one of those nights and chat for 20 minutes and decide whether we get along or go around back and fist it out. haven't done that in a while and feel it would be enjoyable. Your call.

But again, calling me out for being equivocating and spineless strikes me as pretty hilarious. I assume you just liked stringing those words together. Strikes me as more spineless to turn on a hire on Day 1 or Game 1 or Game 3. If not spineless then short-sighted.

I suppose the truth hurts. No matter how big and loud a pussy you are, Bzd is going to be on the Wake sidelines in 2014. Only chance that isn't the case:
* he gets caught doing something illegal or immoral
* Wellman retires and doesn't hire his own replacement.

Those are truths in my book, so I play from there.

So on the other board someone was saying bzz had to be begged to stay. Anyone on here hear this? Could he leave on his own. .?

can't be an accurate report right? he quits wake doesn't pay the bzzOUT i mean buy out.

I have a toddler but spend an occasional night in the city with friends. Would be happy to meet on one of those nights and chat for 20 minutes and decide whether we get along or go around back and fist it out. haven't done that in a while and feel it would be enjoyable. Your call.

Lemme know when the train from Long Island comes in. I'm open to either, or both, a la "The Quiet Man." Unless "fist it out" is another lame gay joke/reference.

And I turned on the hire after the Presby game. Not because of the Presby game, but because of the post-game interview. No man that talks like that should be coaching where Skip once coached. It's that simple for me.

I have a toddler but spend an occasional night in the city with friends. Would be happy to meet on one of those nights and chat for 20 minutes and decide whether we get along or go around back and fist it out. haven't done that in a while and feel it would be enjoyable. Your call.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

On year turn-around? The year before Mr. [Redacted] became our coach we were in the final 32 teams of the NCAA tournament. We didn't need to perform a 180. Unfortunately, we did tho.

^^^ +1 ^^^

None of this matters. Whether Buzz is fired this year, next year, or the year after is really the only debate. There is just no question at all that he will not be here long term.

Exactly! So why are we going to waste another year on RW's wet dream?

I will never pull for Jeff [Redacted]. My interest in Wake Basketball will be marginal until he is gone.

I try to convince myself that I would support the team if we made the NCAA next year, but even then, it would realistically only be half-hearted.

Being a sports fan is all about faith. You have to believe that next year is the year. I will never have that faith with [Redacted] as our head coach. The little fire in my heart was extinguished. I miss it.

Which is a major reason why we need to make the change sooner rather thaan later. RW is in the process of destroying Wake's athletic program and nobody seems to care...

...A year later, I still believe him. He has no idea how to coach 18 to 22 year olds. He does not deserve to be the head coach at Wake Forest, and I am still baffled by the hire. It used to make me angry, but now I just don't give a shit... If he were to go to the NCAA tourney next year, I would tolerate him, but I will never support him as the coach. I will resume my normal giving levels once he is gone.

If it drags on for two more years before a change is made, will you even care enough to resume your giving? I think the powers that be are underestimating the long-term damage that RW is inflicting on the program.

Sad thing is, I'm having some difficulty trusting that Wellman will make a good hire if and when the day comes that Bzzzz is out. I'm seriously discouraged.

How true... :rulz:

In an argument between jaybone and Slim over basketball, it's jaybone without too much difficulty. In a street brawl, who knows? I've never seen either of them.

I will never pull for Jeff [Redacted]. My interest in Wake Basketball will be marginal until he is gone.

I try to convince myself that I would support the team if we made the NCAA next year, but even then, it would realistically only be half-hearted.

Being a sports fan is all about faith. You have to believe that next year is the year. I will never have that faith with [Redacted] as our head coach. The little fire in my heart was extinguished. I miss it.

FWIW this is precisely how I feel. If he starts making sweet sixteens than of course I'll change my mind on him. But, deep down, we all know that this won't happen. We will endure another year or two of this embarrassment, fire him, and start all over in 2013 or 2014.

So on the other board someone was saying bzz had to be begged to stay. Anyone on here hear this? Could he leave on his own. .?

Two questions:
1) When did this happen, end of last year?
2) What IDIOT begged him to stay?

Back