• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A. T. Perry Appreciation Thread

I didn't, girlfriend at the time and the kids were ready to go, hot that day too IIRC. The play happened soon as we left the gate, had to listen to the rest on the radio on the way home.

Was picking up our blanket up off the Hill and getting our 4 or 5 year old daughters ready to go when Phonz brought it 95+ yards into endzone right in front of us and suddenly going crazy hollering at Phonz and team celebrating in endzone and blanket back down and crazy ending rooting Deacs onto victory as you just knew what was coming. Great day and memories.

Sam needs to play better if we want to be as good as we can but he has been clutch the last couple of weeks even not playing his best ball.

Sam needs to play better if we want to be as good as we can but he has been clutch the last couple of weeks even not playing his best ball.

I agree with this

We must also run the ball better than the 2.6 yards per carry we gained yesterday. We have incredible weapons on the perimeter as noted in this thread - AT, Q, Morin - but we must run the ball better to have some balance.

By the way while we are giving atta-boys, Mora quietly had a pretty damn nice day. Sciba is a given, but our special teams arguably won us the game yesterday.

Weird how I thought I was reading the Panthers thread and this made perfect sense.

I agree that the ball placement wasn't really a problem. It would have taken an NFL-caliber throw to put it over his shoulder without leading him out-of-bounds.

The issue, IMO, is that he was late throwing the ball. Get it out half a second earlier, and not only is the pass rush less of a factor, but you have plenty of space to lead Perry for an easy over-the-shoulder catch. By the time he let it go, the window where he could place the ball was very small, and it took a contortionist act to reel it in.

Second straight mediocre game from Sam. Maybe the dome was affecting things, but it seems like he's been a little off on his deep balls all year, and that missed TD to Chapman on the first drive... woof. Good coaching and all-around team effort to pull out these last two. We'll need him to be better moving forward, and I don't doubt he will be.

Agree with this.

Was that the pass that he laid out fully in the end zone to make the catch?

no, that was the first great catch he had in that game.

i was referring to the catch at the end of the game

Back