• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A WF football article Ron Wellman won't enjoy reading

Can someone give me any reason why it's appropriate to be optimistic about any Wake Forest athletic program under current leadership?

The real teams in the ACC are making us a huge pile of TV $$$$?

(just don't ask where it's going - only the Donut Man knows the answer to that)

Other fans thought of us as Switzerland now our sports' rep is more like Greenland.

We're such a fucking joke. Nothing else to be said really.

To me this is the key part of the article:

"Wooding, who was dismissed at Air Force before last season because of an undisclosed violation of the academy’s code of conduct, has yet to be cleared by the NCAA to play this season"

If Dino was partially fired due actions of his players and academic problems, why isn't Grobe held to the same standards?

Dino didn't go to the Orange Bowl. We all know how this works. Grobe probably has two more seasons of good faith time and then it's over. I'm sure he knows that. I'm keeping an open mind this season.

Dino didn't go to the Orange Bowl. We all know how this works. Grobe probably has two more seasons of good faith time and then it's over. I'm sure he knows that. I'm keeping an open mind this season.

There's one flaw here. You are assuming we have a rational, "normal" AD and not one who is batshit crazy.

So you're saying that good-faith-time at WF for a loss in the Orange Bowl is about a decade? That's a lot of faith.

Can someone give me any reason why it's appropriate to be optimistic about any Wake Forest athletic program under current leadership?

Because that's what "real fans" do. Duh.

Help me out with the process because I'm a bit confused. Grobe said he was waiting on a decision from the NCAA. Are these recent tweets/reports from Dan Collins and Kenny Beck new developments that would imply the NCAA came back and he's not going to be eligible this year? Or is this really just a continuation of what Grobe said in that he's not eligible now and they're waiting to hear back from the NCAA to regain eligibility before the season starts?

Help me out with the process because I'm a bit confused. Grobe said he was waiting on a decision from the NCAA. Are these recent tweets/reports from Dan Collins and Kenny Beck new developments that would imply the NCAA came back and he's not going to be eligible this year? Or is this really just a continuation of what Grobe said in that he's not eligible now and they're waiting to hear back from the NCAA to regain eligibility before the season starts?

Bottom line is that they are still waiting for the NCAA on all 3.

Just out of curiosity, how would those seeing this as a huge red flag, how would you have preferred to see this play out from an administrative perspective?

Another pat on the back for Ron Wellman. Great job Ron. Keep up the good work.

Back