• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A WF football article Ron Wellman won't enjoy reading

So....Eligible by Wake standards, but ineligible by NCAA standards. Has that ever happened before? Has the new culture push lowered academic requirements?
I think the goal of the Wake AD is to throw up so many confusing, double speaking, political BS issues, that we will all get frustrated and eventually give up.

Why do we want anyone who was dismissed from a service academy? I don't even recognize "this Wake Forest" anymore.

To be clear, what he was dismissed from the Air Force from was not an offense that anybody here should be concerned about at all.

It's fine to dislike the "culture" or whatever, but this is not a case where he is a bad kid at all and we are bending the rules for him.

On what grounds should they have their eligibility restored? Rules are pretty simple.

If there's some sort of question about retroactively changing the grade maybe? Or it did get changed after the fact and the NCAA may not approve it. I have no idea but probably something along the lines of a grade change.

Ford and pool workouts is not promising.

Chase's knee is fine. He is having some back spasms. He will be ok.

Ford will be eased back in as he should be. He will be on the field and contributing when the Deacs play Presbyterian. I believe he is going to be fine...he is a little tender and there is the psychological aspect of running and hitting again. Nothing more than any other guy returning from injury. As you could read the bone has healed.

I know Chase's back issues are from something else and are described as minor (though still worth mentioning), but the combination of an OL's back troubles and our S&C has me very concerned. Back issues have a way of lingering/worsening under our staff.

To be clear, what he was dismissed from the Air Force from was not an offense that anybody here should be concerned about at all.

It's fine to dislike the "culture" or whatever, but this is not a case where he is a bad kid at all and we are bending the rules for him.

Well, knowingly breaking the rules at the school you decided to attend and in doing so letting your team down is sort of a big deal.

Well, knowingly breaking the rules at the school you decided to attend and in doing so letting your team down is sort of a big deal.

Except the standards are so ridiculously high there that I think we are okay. It's not like we are taking a player that Urban Meyer dismissed.

Sort of like the guy that got kicked off BYU bball last year, for doing something 98% of all college students do during their time on campus, but it was just against the BYU honor code.

Back