• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Aaron Judge - New HR Champ

Old Time baseball fans have watched as baseball’s single season HR chase has been tainted with drugged up “players”. Judge is the new Leader for all us old guys who appreciate doing it the clean way. 7th my ass.

You still haven’t said why you’re so confident he’s clean? I think the drugs have just gotten better.

Yankees fans are the worst. And Sterling is cringy. Congrats on getting 85% of the way to the record??

Judge has a ton of work to do to get in HOF. 36.9 career bWAR (36.4 fWAR) at age 30. Counting stats aren’t there. He needs at least 6 more elite years to get there. He’s only had 2 elite years so far - seems unlikely he gets there

I’m sure this dude is doing just fine, but a VP at a mid tier investment firm like Fisher is not rolling in dough. They hand out VP titles like banks. I’m sure he could use a few million.
It would definitely help him pay down his $170K car loan and $4500 a month mortgage. He’s living paycheck to paycheck!

No but you can always count on Barca to be a dick about a great achievement. And then say sarcasm. I hate the Yankees but Judge is a stud.
Bro I’m hardly the only one who feels that way, but I’m extra spiteful about it by having to deal with it during two of our games.

Clean my ass.

A) there continue to be ways to evade detection

B) how convenient that after an off-season of zero drug testing there is a player that makes a run at the AL record.

Yankee fans are so damn thirsty right now.

That’s a terrible argument. So let’s indict athlete who has a great game, week or season. Why stop at the professional level? Collegians have the same access, right? 5 TD game, 25/28 passing, must of juiced. Football, track, swimming, where does it end? Argue that the “HR record” is debatable but to indict an athlete because of their success is reckless. We have visual physical evidence that Bonds, Sosa and McGwire were all using without confirmed testing, in an age that usage was rampant. We all know drug use (PED’s) are still available and some athletes still try to beat the System. But let’s give Judge his do. He has had an iconic season, playing over 155 games, without any evidence of wrong doing. Let’s leave it at that.

Last edited:
Congrats to Judge. When you break an all time league record, you have accomplished something to be proud of and celebrate. Aaron is having an outstanding season.

To be fair the pitching has gotten immensely better since 2001. The average MPH has gotten higher as well as the amount of pitchers used in a game meaning the quality pitches being thrown to the batters is increasingly higher than it was in 2001. Judge hitting 62 HRs in this era is pretty damn impressive.
That being said Bud Selig was perfectly fine having players use steroids until the media got wind of it because it lead to higher TV ratings. I'm fine accepting Bonds/McGwire/Sosa records being the true records and them being in the HOF since the MLB brass knew about it and accepted it. It's repulsive to me that Bud Selig is in the HOF yet players like Bonds/Clemens/McGwire/Sosa and others aren't, most of Selig's success as a commissioner is due to the accomplishments of these players.

Back