• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Abbate trainer for NFL?

^ Very good news then.
Glad he did that - hope his new venture is successful.

Definitely good to hear he got his degree. He didn't have much of an NFL shot after his junior year and wouldn't have had much more of one his senior year. He barely got a shot at LB. He didn't even play LB in the UFL.

Regardless of his size and track speed, nobody can tell me that he would be any worse than the bums the Panthers have starting at LB right now.

I think he had a few classes left to get (since he was probably initially on track to graduate in 5). He came back and got those finished though iirc and I seem to remember him graduating/walking with the class of '10.

Definitely got his degree. I sat right near him at graduation.

Since we're on the subject, anybody ever watch the "Palmer and Pollock" show on ESPNU on Monday nights? Didn't David Pollock play D-end for Georgia? He looks like he can't weight more than 200lbs now, if that.

I sure (I hope) it's not the case, but when you see guy's bodies change so much, you wonder a little about PEDs?

Pollock had a really bad neck injury in the pros, like a broken neck or a broken vertebrate. Had to be carted off the field and lots of worries about paralysis. Don't think he ever played again. And it's not like Palmer is a small guy either so I'd think he's still a pretty big dude.

Pollock had a really bad neck injury in the pros, like a broken neck or a broken vertebrate. Had to be carted off the field and lots of worries about paralysis. Don't think he ever played again. And it's not like Palmer is a small guy either so I'd think he's still a pretty big dude.

Yea I cant speak to Pollock's specific situation but just in my experience in a college strength and conditioning setting the transformation some people undergo in gaining weight can be dramatic over 4-5 years. Now due to injury if you were to completely stop lifting, supplementing, eating a high calorie diet, etc. I can certainly see a corresponding weight decrease to an average level.

In Jon's case that photo looks like a pretty clear case of a guy who does a heck of a lot more cardio and working on his physique then an athlete who is eating high calories to maintain mass and lifting for power, the looks are usually incidental. Not saying thats bad but it explains why he "doesnt look like a LB".

Yea I cant speak to Pollock's specific situation but just in my experience in a college strength and conditioning setting the transformation some people undergo in gaining weight can be dramatic over 4-5 years. Now due to injury if you were to completely stop lifting, supplementing, eating a high calorie diet, etc. I can certainly see a corresponding weight decrease to an average level.

In Jon's case that photo looks like a pretty clear case of a guy who does a heck of a lot more cardio and working on his physique then an athlete who is eating high calories to maintain mass and lifting for power, the looks are usually incidental. Not saying thats bad but it explains why he "doesnt look like a LB".
Here's his LinkedIn profile:

President, XPE Sports and Professional Athletic Trainer
Boca Raton, Florida

Back