• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA ads with celebs

towelie99

Reaction score
First magic Johnson, then Alonzo Mourning, and now I just saw one with Lebron!

Pulling out all the cards I see for the deadline. Sure says a lot about our society when the site has been up for months and we need celebs and mock comedy interviews to motivate people to sign up

What specifically do you think it says about our society?

i think its sad that we need pop culture to turn our attention to various events.

im not trying to make this political because the ACA like it or not is here to stay. for example, the between the ferns video had 5 million views, and over a million click throughs, but only 20,000 sign ups i think

First magic Johnson, then Alonzo Mourning, and now I just saw one with Lebron!

Pulling out all the cards I see for the deadline. Sure says a lot about our society when the site has been up for months and we need celebs and mock comedy interviews to motivate people to sign up

As opposed to outside interests spending well into nine figures lying to the public to scare them and kill the law?

The most recent double digit million buy about woman not being able to pay for her chemo bills under ACA. the truth is she is able to pay for them.

Every government spends money to get people to act. What's disgraceful is spending millions lying to harm innocent people to further your own selfish political goals.

As opposed to outside interests spending well into nine figures lying to the public to scare them and kill the law?

The most recent double digit million buy about woman not being able to pay for her chemo bills under ACA. the truth is she is able to pay for them.

Every government spends money to get people to act. What's disgraceful is spending millions lying to harm innocent people to further your own selfish political goals.

stunning that you live alone

rj, please read. NOT making this political.

our younger society is a slave to pop culture and celebs. this is not an ACA trend as we see how everyone brags about their image on facebook etc but its sad that its taking this to meet the 3/31 deadline

and reading what you just wrote once again...... huh?

Celebrity endorsements and Americans being lazy procrastinators are not recent developments

It seemed to me you were making it political.

The ads are perfectly logical and should have been expected. The demographic they are going for responds to such impetus. The Between the Ferns Show reinforces this method as being logical and efficient.

I hope the ads work getting healthy people enrolled. DRTV though is not a good medium to do this, IMHO. We've had mixed results using celebrities too. Can be polarizing. Again, hope it works.

People love their celebrities but hate the other guy's.

People love their celebrities but hate the other guy's.

Pretty much.

ted-nugent.jpg

Meh...I don't think that Eastwood is loved by Republicans because of his politics even after that. That is about the only time that I can think of him publicly engaging in politics.

"Says a lot about our society" that this is an actual complaint one of our citizens has.

Back