• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA ads with celebs

Celebrity endorsements and Americans being lazy procrastinators are not recent developments

Not with respect to shit they don't want, but they most certainly aren't lazy procrastinators about things they like. Look at the lines and fervor when a new iPhone comes out, at Wally World on Thanksgiving evening, or when prime concert tickets are released. I think the fact that young Americans are being lazy procrastinators says more about what they think of this turd of a program than anything else. Hell, how many young people pre-order Madden as compared to signed up early for this shitshow?

Whoa. Health care isn't as exciting as Madden?

Thanks Obama.

Whoa. Health care isn't as exciting as Madden?

Thanks Obama.

I would think it is more important than Madden. People prioritize rent, food, transportation and other similar necessities over Madden, even though they aren't as exciting. This should be on par with those necessities. However, Madden kicks its ass.

I would think it is more important than Madden. People prioritize rent, food, transportation and other similar necessities over Madden, even though they aren't as exciting. This should be on par with those necessities. However, Madden kicks its ass.

This is, perhaps, one of the dumbest lines of reasoning I've ever read on these boards. I feel genuinely stupider for having read it. Dammit.

This is, perhaps, one of the dumbest lines of reasoning I've ever read on these boards. I feel genuinely stupider for having read it. Dammit.

I for one am shocked the youth of today would rather queue up for an iPhone, or a concert than to sign up for healthcare insurance. I feel smarter.

though in a way, he's kind of proving the point of the ads with celebrities

kids care way more about popular culture and media than they do boring shit like health insurance

take that obvious as fuck observation and put celebrities in ads

Maybe Warren Buffet could have partnered with Obamacare. Sign up for Obamacare with your bracket and have a shot at a billion dollars.

Maybe Warren Buffet could have partnered with Obamacare. Sign up for Obamacare with your bracket and have a shot at a billion dollars.

This would actually require ACA to have a functioning web site, which we all know is completely impossible.

Yeah, I can see the appeal. Go through hours of dealing with inefficient bureaucracy in order to pay hundreds of dollars for insurance you are probably never going to use so you can have no chance at winning a billion dollars. But it will be fun because Obama and basketball!

Why don't we just give every young person who signs up a free MegaMillions ticket? That'll do the trick!

Last edited:
Back