• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

yeah, i don't understand why that is even included in this bill

Because that's their whole motivation for the bill and what they hated most about Obamacare.

Raise taxes 2 years ago 30% on investment income in a healthcare bill, then call it a tax cut for the rich when it's taken away. #fairandbalanced

CBO on the Senate bill is out:

22 million lose coverage by 2026 (15 million within the first year), premiums rise for two years (including 30% more than current projections for next year) and only fall because poor, sick, and old people will be uninsured, deductibles rise as well.

I truly don't understand what Republicans are doing on a moral or political level.

Republicans are doing Republican stuff.

CBO on the Senate bill is out:

22 million lose coverage by 2026 (15 million within the first year), premiums rise for two years (including 30% more than current projections for next year) and only fall because poor, sick, and old people will be uninsured, deductibles rise as well.

I truly don't understand what Republicans are doing on a moral or political level.

It will be fine they will blame Obamacare for ruining health insurance in the first place and people will agree with them.

It will be fine they will blame Obamacare for ruining health insurance in the first place and people will agree with them.

I know Americans aren't fans of nuance, and I know that Republicans are capable of believing anything in order to justify their support of the party, but I don't think the millions of Republican voters that will lose their healthcare next year will buy the "this is still Obama's fault."

And even if they buy it for 2018 elections, they (or at least the ones still alive by then) certainly won't buy it when they still don't have health insurance in 2020.

I know Americans aren't fans of nuance, and I know that Republicans are capable of believing anything in order to justify their support of the party, but I don't think the millions of Republican voters that will lose their healthcare next year will buy the "this is still Obama's fault."

And even if they buy it for 2018 elections, they (or at least the ones still alive by then) certainly won't buy it when they still don't have health insurance in 2020.

My post was mostly in jest. However, there is about 35% of the electorate that will vote republican no matter what and they will believe that the healthcare fiasco is all Obummer and democrats' fault. What percentage still think Obummer was born in Kenya? As of 2016 72% of Pubs believed that Obummer may not be a native born US citizen (http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...partisan-divide-over-birther-question-n627446) these people will believe what ever the republican party and Fox news want them too.

Conservative media must be doing a really poor job of selling this bill if it remains this unpopular.

It did make me go over to foxnews to see a headline of "Supreme court to decide if gays rights matter more than everybody else's" op-ed.

"CBO REPORT RELEASED Senate health bill will cut deficit, boost number of uninsured"

As if boosting the number of uninsured is a good thing.

"CBO REPORT RELEASED Senate health bill will cut deficit, boost number of uninsured"

As if boosting the number of uninsured is a good thing.

On the flip side CNN's article on Medicaid makes the Medicaid program sounds horrible. It covers half the births in this country along with structured so that states don't try to reduce costs? Woof. Make births cost a flat $10k to everyone, with the ability to lien wages and tax refunds if unpaid.

On the flip side CNN's article on Medicaid makes the Medicaid program sounds horrible. It covers half the births in this country along with structured so that states don't try to reduce costs? Woof. Make births cost a flat $10k to everyone, with the ability to lien wages and tax refunds if unpaid.

#makeamericagreatagain

This is what happens when you are required to give a presentation and all the good topics are taken and you go last.

All of a sudden you're an expert on child birth?

All of a sudden you're an expert on child birth?

That's how it works around here. Most of you are experts on things like nuclear proliferation, race relations, Islam, education, healthcare and international diplomacy all at the same time. Just trying to fit in

Last edited:
I really don't trust either side with healthcare. I don't think republicans have a clue and democrats just want to crow over the number of people "covered" when so many of those covered still can't actually afford healthcare. Neither side gives a shit. Sad state of affairs

Back