• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

So not that easy. That being said, Part D in its current form is well under CBO projections. Yet everyone hates it ex for the people on it.

We could save tens of billions a year if prescriptions were treated like other purchases.

Of course the higher premiums are, the more money insurance companies make.

I can confirm there's no major issue with medicare and all its supplements. The two owners of my company I just moved them on it, saved half compared to what they'd pay on the private market, and they're getting better coverage. they both have enough money to get the best coverage there is. Medicare (and the full range of supplements) is it.

I do get concerned reading things like medicaid can negotiate 40% the costs that medicare does..... But medicare ain't got many issues from the user's perspective.

Yep. It's amazing that we can't institute the same type of model for people under 65. Basic plan and private supplements?

OH Now Republicans give a f about the CBO's opinion. GTFO!

Republicans are going to blame this on the Dems and push for 60.

Why are the house and senate pubs squabbling over unpopular versions of this bill? Why don't they just vote of Trump's plan where everybody gets better coverage than they have now, for a fraction of the cost? Trump and his supporters must be so frustrated that they won't vote on his plan.
As an aside, does anyone have a copy of his plan?

This is what the good people of the rust belt wanted and the dems couldn't deliver: a straight-talking man of the people who listened to their concerns and didn't talk down to them with complex health-care plans that are high-fallutin' and elitist.

Trump blindsided by implosion of GOP health care bill

He made an impassioned pitch on why Republicans needed to do it now – and the political peril they could face if they didn’t “repeal and replace” after promising to do it for years. He also vented about Democrats and the legislative process. “He basically said, if we don’t do this, we’re in trouble,” said one person briefed on the meeting. “That we have the Senate, House and White House and we have to do it or we’re going to look terrible.”

Meanwhile, two senators – neither invited to the dinner – were simultaneously drafting statements saying how they couldn’t support the current bill, which they released just after Trump’s White House meal concluded.

The deal maker was meeting with the wrong senators!

He only cares how he looks, and it's obvious. I realize these sort of political logistics aren't his forte, but there are 2 massive problems with Trump: A: He has ZERO interest in learning the ins and outs of these sorts of issues. B: He surrounded himself with a bunch of people who also have no clue as to the intricacies of these policies. Those two traits combine to make one insanely incompetent leader and administration. Everyone hoped and knew that he would have to surround himself with the very best to pull off this administration, but his cabinet is as big of a disaster as he is.

Last edited:
For once, he's not wrong. Shoulda come up with a better bill, dumbasses.

He only cares how he looks, and it's obvious. I realize these sort of political logistics aren't his forte, but there are 2 massive problems with Trump: A: He has ZERO interest in learning the ins and outs of these sorts of issues. B: He surrounded himself with a bunch of people who also have no clue as to the intricacies of these policies. Those two traits combine to make one insanely incompetent leader and administration. Everyone hoped and knew that he would have to surround himself with the very best to pull off this administration, but his cabinet is as big of a disaster as he is.

This is what the good people of the rust belt wanted and the dems couldn't deliver: a straight-talking man of the people who listened to their concerns and didn't talk down to them with complex health-care plans that are high-fallutin' and elitist.

EDIT_ but if you point out that those rust belt voters were....uh......"not enlightened" when they cast a vote for Trump over Clinton, well then you are just going to keep losing elections to the folks to pretend to understand the issues and talk to the voters in broad generalities and sweeping platitudes while knowing nothing about how to come through for them.

Last edited:
If Mitch Mcconnell can't whip the votes, you know it's a bad bill. Here is betting that they don't even sit down with the 5 most conservative Democrats, but rather the 2 - 4 Republican defectors to try and work this out.

I don't think they even have the votes just to repeal and wait. Of course, that would be the worst possible decision.

Back