• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Trust me palma. Nobody takes anything you post seriously.

We can solve the healthcare crisis by having employers pay out of pocket 100 percent with no deductions from employees.

That's the tried and true way. It's amazing that hasn't caught on!

Sure doesn't teach proper use of the phrase "straw man." Narrowing it down little by little

I thought we figured out that he teaches sailing. He sure knows how to shift with the conservative political winds.

Trust me palma. Nobody takes anything you post seriously.

This is the problem with being a little bitch troll. When Palma does take the time to post an idea that actually requires thought, no one takes him seriously because we all know is a little troll .

766d0fbd2d39fb2794ad90c3f13c0641.jpg

That's great

But in seriousness, this is a pretty terrible law, perhaps the worst of our generation.

When you have a broken system like our healthcare system is, you don't solve the problem by throwing more money at it. We pay 2-3x more for healthcare than anywhere else in the world. What in the bill fixed that? Nothing. In fact it just adds more fuel to the fire.

Have you liberals learned absolutely nothing from the student loan debacle ultimately resulting in Wake costing $200k to attend, or the effects of cheap and easy money on housing just a short while ago? Having the government throw even more money into the broken system will just make things worse, which is evident already to anyone who has to pay for an unsubsidized premium the past 8 years.

worst in our generation? worst? not Patriot Act?

This is the problem with being a little bitch troll. When Palma does take the time to post an idea that actually requires thought, no one takes him seriously because we all know is a little troll .

Anyone who doesn't post straight out of the liberal agenda must be a little troll? So strange millions of americans vote against their self interests just to spite y'all.

Anyone who doesn't post straight out of the liberal agenda must be a little troll? So strange millions of americans vote against their self interests just to spite y'all.

No, but you are...

wow, trump does something worthwhile for the first time

While this is certainly an interesting negotiation piece for this specific time, isn't it a bit problematic if the President is simply going to target Congress, or the House, or *insert any body here* if they aren't doing what he perceives to be the right thing?

I mean any targeting is somewhat an empty threat if congress got together and passed something veto proof to override anything he says, does or wants.

While this is certainly an interesting negotiation piece for this specific time, isn't it a bit problematic if the President is simply going to target Congress, or the House, or *insert any body here* if they aren't doing what he perceives to be the right thing?

like people not voting for an incumbent because they didn't do a thing they thought their rep should?

i guess my faint "praise" is limited to the "what if congresspeople had to deal with some smart part of what actual americans do" whiff this generates

Yeah they have no ideas, can't pass CBO score without massive Medicaid slashing, Medicaid slashing loses you senators, and around and around we go!

Back