• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

Who is the beneficiary of this executive order? It looks like small business owners will be able to buy low-cost/low-premium plans but will pay more in the long run out of pocket.

Who wins here?

Who is the beneficiary of this executive order? It looks like small business owners will be able to buy low-cost/low-premium plans but will pay more in the long run out of pocket.

Who wins here?

The most important people in health care: insurance companies.

I don't blame insurance companies. They have to make a buck too. But with Trump threatening to withdraw the $$ for subsidies, that put insurance companies in the difficult position of having to comply with the ACA but then potentially not get the subsidies from the feds. If they don't raise their rates, Trump withdraws the subsidies and they have to comply with the ACA, they'd go into bankruptcy. Trump is the problem. I mean, if they had repealed and replaced, some folks would have been fucked, but most of us would have been able to purchase somewhat affordable policies, maybe even more affordable than now. But they didn't repeal and replace, and Trump is doing something way worse - he's gutting the system.

This is what my mom posted on FB yesterday. She lives in Winston BTW
231188669664d105691e3f292b271f32.jpg

How exactly do they win? If this happened a month ago, you might only see a vet=y vt small handful of carriers left on the exchange nationally and any Americans with no choice. This is a big deal in a lot of ways.

We were lucky/smart and included the cost of this decision when we filed rates. So it likely has a limited short term impact to us in the NC market.

The irony here is that the premium subsidies, to LCs point, will largely cover this de-fundng and most consumers wont even notice it. Its actually the brilliance of the ACA...No matter how much rates go up, if you have an income lower than 40% and above 100%, your premium costs are capped thanks to Uncle Sam. But those you buy plans sans subsidies are once again hosed. Really bad policy by the Rs here. Almost as bad policy by the dems to set up an inherently inflationary design.

We also need to stop calling these bail outs. CSRs were required by the law and the law also said that to cover for this extra expense, the Feds would reimburse the actual benefit costs (very complicated formula). The trick is congress wrote it in a manner that allows them to stop paying them. Oooops.

It will interesting to watch how carriers and consumers react.

This is what my mom posted on FB yesterday. She lives in Winston BTW
231188669664d105691e3f292b271f32.jpg

I am not sure where she went for information but the 2018 information won't get posted for a couple weeks. I tried to PM but your box was full, I would be happy to chat with her if you want.

Fake enrollment sites? How does that work?

How exactly do they win? If this happened a month ago, you might only see a vet=y vt small handful of carriers left on the exchange nationally and any Americans with no choice. This is a big deal in a lot of ways.

We were lucky/smart and included the cost of this decision when we filed rates. So it likely has a limited short term impact to us in the NC market.

The irony here is that the premium subsidies, to LCs point, will largely cover this de-fundng and most consumers wont even notice it. Its actually the brilliance of the ACA...No matter how much rates go up, if you have an income lower than 40% and above 100%, your premium costs are capped thanks to Uncle Sam. But those you buy plans sans subsidies are once again hosed. Really bad policy by the Rs here. Almost as bad policy by the dems to set up an inherently inflationary design.

We also need to stop calling these bail outs. CSRs were required by the law and the law also said that to cover for this extra expense, the Feds would reimburse the actual benefit costs (very complicated formula). The trick is congress wrote it in a manner that allows them to stop paying them. Oooops.

It will interesting to watch how carriers and consumers react.

Sounds like the Admin is justifying this decision by saying that any payments are illegal. Thoughts?

Someone puts of a fake website and collects PII in order to steal identities.

This AND the fact they are tricking you to sell you a crappy product. Ive been dealing with these folks for the past 10 years. Total scum balls.

That's awful but very American.

That's awful but very American.

My wife needed to renew her license on line, went to a fake DMV site, and ended up paying $20 for a guide on how to renew your license on line. She was so pissed when I told her what happened...

Back