• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACA Running Thread

damn that dude is white.
dave-agema.jpg

Has anybody here tried actually using the website? It's pretty damned confusing.

I was surprised how user unfriendly it was.

Daughter got through with persistance a few weeks after it started and got a similar policy with a savings of 100.00/ month. I have gone on twice, second time much easier than the first to comparison shop without to much problem. I would just tell people to keep working at it because I think( from comparing prices) they will get a decent deal.

Daughter got through with persistance a few weeks after it started and got a similar policy with a savings of 100.00/ month. I have gone on twice, second time much easier than the first to comparison shop without to much problem. I would just tell people to keep working at it because I think( from comparing prices) they will get a decent deal.

Assuming their doctors are in the plan and the drugs they need are covered you might be correct.

The experience is clunky but vastly improved over the Oct 1 go live state.

I got through in about 15 minutes. Still some head scratchers on the UI but people can get through.

The new issue that you hear a lot about is data integrity of the 834s. Lots of concern here and its getting a lot of attention from CMS. I would expect some bumps on/around 1. Lots of other back end issues have people very worried too.

It is going in the right direction and thats good for the consumer.

I do want to make a brief point on exchange networks. The play here is simple...Exchange price point. Many carriers adopted a low price point strategy and given the new rating and benefit rules, this is pretty much one of 2 ways to get to a lower price (the other being more managed care programs) for folks that don't care who their doc is.

Despite what the talking heads say, its not really competition tat will lower costs (look at insurer margins if you disagree and admin is only going up with all the new rules/requirements).

It was entirely predictable...Pretty much everyone knew there would be a lot of limited networks products on the exchange. I expect we will see new iterations of this over the next several years. So its only going to become more entrenched in the market.

What a shock the owners of Faux News are saying the numbers of Obamacare are not real.

Next thing you know they will be inviting Michelle to dinner at the WSJ.

On Sunday, the WSJ poobah Paul Gigot was saying Reagan totally supported Mandela. Forget about his vetoing the bill to put sanctions on the apartheid regime in SA or calling Mandela a communist repeatedly. Ronnie loved the guy always.

What a shock the owners of Faux News are saying the numbers of Obamacare are not real.

Given how much we have all been lied to about the ACA, it's perfectly reasonable to think any info that comes out of this admin in regards to the ACA is bullshit.

On Sunday, the WSJ poobah Paul Gigot was saying Reagan totally supported Mandela. Forget about his vetoing the bill to put sanctions on the apartheid regime in SA or calling Mandela a communist repeatedly. Ronnie loved the guy always.

Thanks for keeping us on topic.

I think this article is actually pretty accurate. The feds reported 834 transactions, both people with insurance who applied for a subsidy as well as new consumers. It also is the transaction report, not the paid/enrolled report. Thats a big deal.

The way it works is once you finish on the exchange, you click to go to the insurer site to pay the first premium. Collecting premiums is recommended (and possible required) by CMS/HHS in part because once a person is effectuated, CMS assumes they are paid for. The issue is that the law requires insurers to pay 30 days of claims even if there isn't a payment (so 30 days of run out). So if an insurer effectuates coverage without payment, they are on the hook for 60 days of claims without any premium payment. Its a really big deal.

Typically, you'd see about 70% of applicants paying. There have been issues with the payment "redirect" and a lot of insurers are worried about this. Its a huge deal at the, esp. sine the 12.15 deadline was pushed to 12.23.

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period.

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period.

You will have more choice.

No one is going to take your doctor away from you.

The average family will save $2,500 a year.

We are experiencing too much traffic and some "glitches". (I guess that one was technically true - if by too much traffic you mean 1,000 users and by glitches you mean a system with thousands of flaws).

XX number of people have signed up by putting a plan in their shopping cart.

No one is taking your emails.

No one is recording your phone calls.

But, yeah, I guess we should all trust what the White House is saying.

If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period.

If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. Period.

You will have more choice.

No one is going to take your doctor away from you.

The average family will save $2,500 a year.

We are experiencing too much traffic and some "glitches". (I guess that one was technically true - if by too much traffic you mean 1,000 users and by glitches you mean a system with thousands of flaws).

XX number of people have signed up by putting a plan in their shopping cart.

No one is taking your emails.

No one is recording your phone calls.

But, yeah, I guess we should all trust what the White House is saying.

Drone targeting has due process built-in to the system.

"In Praise of An Unpopular Congress"

Stopped reading.

Back