• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Announces Future Regular-Season Scheduling Formats

1 more conference game means it will be harder to go bowling, assumuing you are replacing a cupcake with an ACC team.

Could they have made the basketball scheduling model any more difficult? What a bunch of crap. #FireSwofford

Very similar to what is already in use, just the number of teams in each category (primary partner, H&H, Home only, Away only) changing from 2, 3, 3 and 3 teams to 1, 4, 4 and 4 teams).

Pack Pride is pissed that State will only play Carolina once a year in basketball.

1 more conference game means it will be harder to go bowling, assumuing you are replacing a cupcake with an ACC team.

I don't think much will change for WFU. We have a pretty tough OOC schedule compared to the rest of the conference. We don't schedule the REALLY easy schools. Having an extra conference game is great.

Next season in hoops assuming Pitt & Cuse aren't allowed out the Big East, we should see Wake playing 7 teams twice and only 4 once.

Maryland loses both of its primary basketball rivals (Duke and UVA) and now has Pitt as its primary rival in basketball. Would guess that MD fans are claiming this is further evidence as to how the ACC mistreats them.

I would rather be proud of a tough loss than go bowling because we got an easy win. Yes, bowl games are fun as hell, but if we don't deserve to be there we don't.

I would rather be proud of a tough loss than go bowling because we got an easy win. Yes, bowl games are fun as hell, but if we don't deserve to be there we don't.

Agreed. A tough loss to a top tier team is much better than killing Presbyterian the first week of the season. This is gonna be tough for NC State because they love scheduling those D-1AA teams

I would bet Wake schedules accordingly. Less exciting non-conference schedule.

I agree. As these conferences expand, they will all go to 9 game schedules, which really hurts the independents(Notre Dame).

Could they have made the basketball scheduling model any more difficult? What a bunch of crap. #FireSwofford

The optimal model is two 7 team divisions. Home and home against division foes. One game against other division. 19 games total.

I agree. As these conferences expand, they will all go to 9 game schedules, which really hurts the independents(Notre Dame).

We're putting the squeeze on them.

hrhu95.jpg

It is their destiny!

I'd rather go to the bowl game so we can have extra practices and get better as a team for the next season. It also helps recruiting.

Really hope we expand again and do the basketball divisions "old school acc" "new school acc" and do home&away with teams in your division (or the four divisions with the NC schools in one)

I'd rather go to the bowl game so we can have extra practices and get better as a team for the next season. It also helps recruiting.

Extra practices didn't do much this year.

Well that should put an end to the Duke/MD rivalry.

I would feel bad for MD but they've lost 10 of the last 11 in the series.

Back