• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Announces Future Regular-Season Scheduling Formats

Easier OOC schedule is the way to go. Schedule an FCS first every year to work out kinks and get a feel for the new team. Drop the Vandy series as they are improving, keep and get games like Army, Rice, and other terrible MAC and CUSA teams.

Really hope we expand again and do the basketball divisions "old school acc" "new school acc" and do home&away with teams in your division (or the four divisions with the NC schools in one)

Hopefully, in the next decade we can add Notre Dame and Penn State, get our Tobacco Road pod and call it a day.

I'd rather go to the bowl game so we can have extra practices and get better as a team for the next season. It also helps recruiting.

No kidding. As long as there are a million bowl games, your program is truly viewed as lousy if you're not playing in one. No one cares about tough losses.

We have a thin bowl history. We need to be in bowls as a bare minimum.

So will Cuse fans travel to W-S? Do they travel better/worse than Pitt fans?

Because of this thread and fortuitous timing in talking to my wife, I won the four tickets Wake was giving away to the Clemson game on Facebook today. So, thanks... I think. At least there is a chance for a win.

Considering it's not next season, it's a little early to say.

If the extra practices didn't pay off on the bowl games, it's hard to credit them over standard fall and spring practices of next year goes well.

Awesome, Wake definitely came away a winner in this decision. Adding Syracuse to the Atlantic, keeping Duke as our Coastal rival, dropping GT as our basketball 'rival', and keeping NC State are all good things.

As mentioned earlier, I think Maryland fans probably feel the most alienated. There's also an article about State-UNC basketball rivalry (and how it will be diminished) in the Greensboro N&R. That seems to be all people are talking about down here.

As mentioned earlier, I think Maryland fans probably feel the most alienated. There's also an article about State-UNC basketball rivalry (and how it will be diminished) in the Greensboro N&R. That seems to be all people are talking about down here.

Feel a bit alienated, but most of the moves make sense. They paired off the four North Carolina schools, FSU & Miami are of course paired, Clemson & GT get grouped just because they are between NC & Florida (and they have stronger rivals in the SEC).

That leaves the two Virginia schools paring off (figure Virginia would be the biggest argument as original ACC schools and pair VT with Pitt).

Of the remaining four, I'm glad it wasn't BC the Terps got paired with, but would have preferred Syracuse to Pitt (or at least stick Pitt football in the same division so can play the basketball "rival" in football annually as well).

The News & Record messed up the football divisions on the front of their sports page :rulz:

Have they detailed the rationale behind Syracuse/Atlantic and Pitt/Coastal? Not that I care either way, just wonder why they made that decision.

Have they detailed the rationale behind Syracuse/Atlantic and Pitt/Coastal? Not that I care either way, just wonder why they made that decision.

Probably just picked the names out of a hat

Putting the Cuse in the Atlantic gives them BC which is the only close team, in their division.

Pitt can go in the Coastal where VT and VA are as close as any other schools.

So will Cuse fans travel to W-S? Do they travel better/worse than Pitt fans?

Absolutely, there are a ton of transplanted New Yorkers in NC (as you probably already know). SU played at NCSU in December and 25-35% of the RBC Center was orange.

If the extra practices didn't pay off on the bowl games, it's hard to credit them over standard fall and spring practices of next year goes well.

The extra practices may not be a "one year" phenomenon. Add 20 practices a year for a whole career and at Wake that is 80 extra practices. It may not be obvious in one year, but year after year is how it impacts the team positively.

Absolutely, there are a ton of transplanted New Yorkers in NC (as you probably already know). SU played at NCSU in December and 25-35% of the RBC Center was orange.

There is a HUGE difference between Syracuse basketball and Syracuse football fan base

Back