• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Baseball Tournament

Good ol' FSU, first team out of the softball WS, and headed for the first team out in baseball. Way to go FSU!

Maryland up 4-0 in S Carolina.

FSU and Florida both host regionals and neither win a game. Wow.

Maryland tops South Carolina...ends amazing 28 game home winning streak in tourney games for Gamecocks.

Mayland is 6 outs from a Super Regional Bid against Virginia. Up 6-1

Maryland to the Super Regionals after beating S Carolina twice in Columbia.

The "dirt bags" (Long Beach State baseball) eliminated UNC today. So, the MD at UVA super-regional consists of the ACC's only 2 remaining teams. MD's run this season has been shocking considering their history (no NCAA appearances in the last 43 years), but their ace, Jake Stinnett, is expected to be a late-first round pick in this week's MLB draft. The Friday night match-up between Stinnett, and ACC Pitcher of the Year, Nathan Kirby, (expected to be a top pick, maybe the top pick, in the 2015 draft) will be really strong.

Think that this may be UVA's year to break the ACC 50+ year national championship drought.

I think Stninnett is supposed to be more of a round 2-3 type from what I've seen

My dad was just telling me Mike Martin lifted his best player after a single in the 9th inning down 6-0 to get him a round of applause for a nice career. So of course, FSU lost the game 6-5 with runners on the corners and the pinch runner making the final out at the plate.

Damn. That's rough.

Similarly, I was surprised when Brooks pulled his starters Saturday night down 5 with 5.5 seconds left. Granted they had no TO's, but if San Antonio made the 2nd FT, it's conceivable OKC could make a 3 within 4-5 seconds and force San Antonio to inbound the ball at the end.

So far we have one 4 seed CoC and 2 3 seeds Kennesaw State and Pepperdine that have advanced to the supers.

SEC only advances two also. Strange year.

...and I have to put up with more of the stinkin' Longhorns here! Sure hope UH beats them - better record yet UT gets to play at home, both #2 seeds...wtf?

SEC doesn't have to play each other though, so ACC has only one slot for the CWS. (SEC didn't live up to the hype they got for being so much greater than the ACC). UVa may win it all with so many higher tier teams out. I still say Miami was better than UVa after watching all 3 UVa against us....not the elite team they were 2 previous years. Vs us, Duke was the best team I saw this year. They did everything right vs us.....hitting, pitching, fielding, base running, etc.....when it really mattered concerning the outcome of the game.

Back