• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Basketball Predictions

Buckwild

Reaction score
Would love to see what everyone thinks Wake will do in ACC play, then be able to come back at the end of the year and see who gets it right....

at Florida State (L)
vs Clemson (W)
vs Boston College (W)
at Virginia (L)
vs North Carolina (L)
vs Miami (W)
at NC State (L)
at Syracuse (W)
vs Duke (W)
at Boston College (W)
vs Georgia Tech (W)
at Notre Dame (L)
vs NC State (W)
at Clemson (L)
at Duke (L)
vs Pittsburgh (W)
vs Louisville (W)
at VT (L)

My initial win/loss has us going 10-8? I have us winning all home games but one and beating BC and Syracuse on the road. I think the final game of the year at VT is going to be huge for Wake. So I'd have us going 19-11 (10-8). That is very optimistic, clearly.

Wins against Duke and L'ville?

Put the bong down.

Teams much worse than wake this year have beaten teams as good as duke or Louisville at home. Winning both is probably a stretch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

[] coached WF teams that beat Duke, UNC and Miami (the year Miami was top 5). Those teams were far less talented and complete than this team. Will be surprised if this team goes 0 for the season against Duke, UNC and L'ville.

Beating two? L'ville's physicality and athleticism is a really bad match-up for us.

Last year, L'ville went 4-5 on the ACC road; Duke went 5-4. It's hard to win ACC games on the road. It's time for WF "to protect it's house" like everyone else does (FWIW, Clemson beat Duke and L'ville at home last year).

I won't make season long predictions, but I think we get a solid road win at FSU to start it. I think one thing that got lost in the monster performance we saw against LSU was the incredible hustle and unselfishness our team showed. They looked like a team that really enjoys playing for each other. Obviously when you win by 25-30 you're going to look like the better coached team, but the effort and cohesiveness we showed was really impressive. FSU will be a great gauge.

Would love to see what everyone thinks Wake will do in ACC play, then be able to come back at the end of the year and see who gets it right....

at Florida State (L)
vs Clemson (W)
vs Boston College (W)
at Virginia (L)
vs North Carolina (L)
vs Miami (W)
at NC State (L)
at Syracuse (W)
vs Duke (W)
at Boston College (W)
vs Georgia Tech (W)
at Notre Dame (L)
vs NC State (W)
at Clemson (L)
at Duke (L)
vs Pittsburgh (W)
vs Louisville (W)
at VT (L)

My initial win/loss has us going 10-8? I have us winning all home games but one and beating BC and Syracuse on the road. I think the final game of the year at VT is going to be huge for Wake. So I'd have us going 19-11 (10-8). That is very optimistic, clearly.

You're right, that is very optimistic. But for the first time in six years it's at least possible. Another place where we could potentially pick up a road W is @Clemson.

As trite as it sounds, @FSU will tell us a lot. If we can go on the road and beat a ranked team we should at last have a chance in almost all of these games.

I wish we played Virginia at home this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beating two? L'ville's physicality and athleticism is a really bad match-up for us.

Time for a zone.

Wake may have to use trick Ds like Tacy did.

It could happen.

One thing we've got going for us is we got multiple guys that can get hot and score and that gives you a shot against about anybody. Hopefully we have several nights in league play where our guys are "on," but the nights we're not it might be ugly.

at Florida State (L)
vs Clemson (W)
vs Boston College (W)
at Virginia (L)
vs North Carolina (L)
vs Miami (L)
at NC State (L)
at Syracuse (W)
vs Duke (W)
at Boston College (W)
vs Georgia Tech (W)
at Notre Dame (L)
vs NC State (W)
at Clemson (L)
at Duke (L)
vs Pittsburgh (W)
vs Louisville (L)
at VT (L)

8-10 and squarely on the bubble

Kenpom currently has us as the 9th best team in the conference. The past couple of years, 9th place has had 8-9 wins. Gotta figure that puts us on the bubble, with a win or two in the ACCT possibly putting us into the NCAAT.

kenpom has us 10th right now. ACC is beyond stacked. 8 teams in top 28, 11 teams in top 45, 13 teams in top 57.... just insane.

at Florida State (W)
vs Clemson (L)
vs Boston College (W)
at Virginia (L)
vs North Carolina (L)
vs Miami (W)
at NC State (L)
at Syracuse (L)
vs Duke (L)
at Boston College (L)
vs Georgia Tech (W)
at Notre Dame (L)
vs NC State (W)
at Clemson (L)
at Duke (L)
vs Pittsburgh (W)
vs Louisville (L)
at VT (L)

6-12, but I won't be surprised if this team does significantly better.

Back