• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Basketball: Ranking all 15 head coaches for 2019-20 season

Are we actually to the point where people think [Redacted] might be a notch better than Manning?

I think so. BZ was really bad and could not connect with good players. Once he got "his" players in who were just happy to be playing in the ACC, he did a bit better but there was never any hope since good players were never going to listen to that fool.

Manning had some respect from players due to his playing days. That translated into better recruiting and effort early on. His actual ability to coach was so abysmal that none of that mattered.
He is the anti-Clawson in that regardless of score, the team believes it will lose.

Now that Manning can no longer recruit, we should be able to set some new records at Wake.

Danny Manning is a bad coach but he is only temporary in the big picture. But the power of state blowing a crucial game against wake that hurts their postseason spans multiple coaches, multiple sports, and multiple decades.

Danny Manning is a bad coach but he is only temporary in the big picture. But the power of state blowing a crucial game against wake that hurts their postseason spans multiple coaches, multiple sports, and multiple decades.

Anything good that happens next year is going to be used as a justification for keeping Manning around for yet another year.

Does anybody learn? Anything? Ever?

Anything good that happens next year is going to be used as a justification for keeping Manning around for yet another year.

That is why Wake fans should be hoping for the first winless season. Just to be sure record margin of losses as well.
Take no chances with Wellman's mentee.

Anything that happens next year is going to be used as a justification for keeping Manning around for yet another year.

Fixed because you haven’t learned.

Unless Manning has a 0 win clause in his buyout, we should be prepared for him to return for 2020-21.

Damn y’all I’m just trying to dunk on state. Take it easy. As miserable as we are we can still take a tiny bit of pleasure in other teams misery too.

I agree with BeachBumDeac. I would be down for a one win season instead of a winless season if the win were State. Either way Danny is returning, so might as well mar the Pack with ignominy they would never live down.

Wake will inexplicably win two or three games they shouldn't.

Basketball doesn’t feel like Wake’s flagship program anymore. It’s just a raging dumpster fire.

Back