• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Basketball: Ranking all 15 head coaches for 2019-20 season

Along with? Staak? Lowe? James Johnson? Bucky Waters? This may be worthy of its own thread.

You missed a very obvious name there.

Are we actually to the point where people think [Redacted] might be a notch better than Manning?

From an Xs & Os standpoint, yes. A small notch, but still a notch.

The Xs and Os think is just rep. They’re equally bad and equally arrogant. Manning gets a slight edge for the First Four but has had the worst floor. And he loses points for wasting Collins. They’re both two of the worst five coaches in ACC history.

The Xs and Os think is just rep. They’re equally bad and equally arrogant. Manning gets a slight edge for the First Four but has had the worst floor. And he loses points for wasting Collins. They’re both two of the worst five coaches in ACC history.

TITCR

Ron Wellman is the fucking worst.

Top 15! No wonder Currie brought him back for another go round.

If you look at the all-mighty KenPom rankings, {redacted} is arguably better than Manning. Over his four years the ranking improved each year, an improvement of a total of about 140 places. His last ranking was worse than Manning's fourth year but about 40 places better than last season.

Top 15! No wonder Currie brought him back for another go round.
That was a choreographed play by Wellman and his supporters to basically force WF to keep Manning even with him retiring due to monetary & timing constraints. I'd judge Currie based on what he does this season/after the season.

All of our games are "secret." :(

When you think about it, our games are meaningless unless we beat a good team. All we can be is a bad loss.

When you think about it, our games are meaningless unless we beat a good team. All we can be is a bad loss.

Spot on. And I doubt we are a bad loss to anyone in the acc this year, because I don’t see a team we can beat

Spot on. And I doubt we are a bad loss to anyone in the acc this year, because I don’t see a team we can beat

We’ll beat State at home and it’ll be the bad loss that keeps them out of the tournament. Book it.

Back