• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC/Big Ten Challenge (NWT) : Ends in another 6-6 tie

It's not so much the Dino Gottago firing, it's the unfathomable Bzz hiring!

Tonight

7:00 Maryland at #5 Ohio St. ESPN
7:00 #8 Wisconsin at Virginia ESPN2
7:30 Northwestern at N.C. State ESPNU
9:00 UNC-CH at #1 Michigan St. ESPN
9:00 Boston College at Purdue ESPN2
9:30 Miami at Nebraska ESPNU

Point Spreads for tonight
tOSU -10
UVA -3'
NCSU -9
MICHIGAN ST. -9
PURDUE -1
NEBRASKA -4'

Once again, all home teams are favored.

Point spreads pulled from ESPN.com

BTW, Wake is an 18 point favorite tonight.

Wisconsin beats UVA 48-38...gross.

I used to be glued to the TV for two nights during this event. Now IDGAF. Thanks Ron.

This. I've basically listened to the 2nd half of the Duke and UNC games while doing something else.

Wisconsin beats UVA 48-38...gross.

Worst game I've ever seen Joe Harris play. UVA missed a ton of makeable shots early and then was just driving it and throwing it at the basket late. Played decent defense but boxed out poorly. Good crowd but horrible game.

What the fuck ACC? We bring in Big East ringers and we still can't smash the B1G in this challenge? I can't help but think if the powerhouses that are Clemson and Wake Forest were included that the ACC would win this easily.

And side rant, hey UVA, what the fuck is your problem? You have loads of money and you suck at everything. Not only do you suck in football and basketball, you don't seem to care.

What the fuck ACC? We bring in Big East ringers and we still can't smash the B1G in this challenge? I can't help but think if the powerhouses that are Clemson and Wake Forest were included that the ACC would win this easily.

And side rant, hey UVA, what the fuck is your problem? You have loads of money and you suck at everything. Not only do you suck in football and basketball, you don't seem to care.

I really don't think UVA is that bad at basketball. I think they're an NCAA Tournament team..but I do agree with your main point. It really is puzzling why they've been so bad at the money making sports for so long. They've always been mediocre in football (even though that's no excuse..just look at Oregon), but they used to be very good in basketball.

So this is the 1 year anniversary of getting dominated by this guy.

JSP201302020548_BKC_Ohio_State_at_Nebraska-e13598606023211-698x394.jpg

Loving Wilfred (and homeless Wilfred?) in the background on the left

The Big Least ringers, State, Dick and UNC were 5-1. The rest of the ACC was 1-5. And sadly, Clemson and Wake had other things to do than play in the Challenge because we suck so badly. So don't blame the Big Least ringers.

UVA is good in hoops now with Bennett, last night notwithstanding. That's the worst game offensively I've seen the last 3 years. You're correct that UVA doesn't care about hoops like MD or the Tobacco Road schools, and both UVA's and VT's fan bases are more geared to football. But after a decade plus of Gillen and Leitao, UVA is finally on the right track in hoops, and they're generating good crowds for the good games (ACC, VCU, Sconsin...). As for football, the fan base does care and is really pissed about the current situation and that the school isn't apparently firing London. It's similar to the way our fan base is in hoops right now, except that Buzzdick is a jerk, and London is a good guy and isn't disliked personally.

And I'd hardly say UVA sucks at everything. Both the men and women are still alive and have good shots at the soccer titles (the women are the favorites), they're perennially in the top-10 in men's and women's lax, baseball is now a fixture in the college world series, they're swimming is usually tops in the ACC, and they're usually not bad in wrestling, women's volleyball and I think field hockey. Their Sears Cup standings are always good despite football being down now and basketball being down for a decade and a half till the last couple of years.

Back