• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Football Schedule Released

No surprise here. Hopefully FSU will find a replacement soon:

Hokies Journal @HokiesJournal

Being told ACC football sked release may be delayed b/c WVU recently paid FSU $350k to pull out of scheduled non-conf. game next year.

The buyouts should increase the later they are. It's crazy that it's the same cost for WVU to buyout this game a year ago that it is a week before the schedule is supposed to be released.

BC-Miami a go for Labor Day weekend. Means every one of our ACC opponents has a game scheduled for opening weekend.

Translation: we will host Liberty to open the season, on either August 30 or September 1 (as expected)

BC-Miami a go for Labor Day weekend. Means every one of our ACC opponents has a game scheduled for opening weekend.

Translation: we will host Liberty to open the season, on either August 30 or September 1 (as expected)

Liberty on a Thursday night wouldn't be bad. Should be a comfortable win and can go enjoy the Labor Day Weekend.

The Vandy game this year is also at Wake.

Whoops forgot about that and I thought that we knew we were opening the year against Liberty already. I think we have State the second game of the year again.

It would be interesting though to have State and UNC back to back after opening with Liberty. It's always tough to win at Carter-Finley but I think that would give us a decent chance to open 3-0.

Schedules I've seen have NC State already scheduled for games the first four weeks of the season.

Right now first three games are looking like vs Liberty, vs UNC and then Duke/FSU/UVa or a bye in week 3. Army at home slated for week 4 so Duke at home would seem unlikely, doubt we'd have 4 straight at BB&T to start the year

Last edited:
Schedules I've seen have NC State already scheduled for games the first four weeks of the season.

Right now first three games are looking like vs Liberty, vs UNC and then Duke/FSU/UVa or a bye in week 3.

For some reason I thought 9/8 was week 3 not 2...I guess I thought State was slotted into week 3, but if their schedule is out for the first four weeks maybe not.

FWIW, I received a glossy postcard from WFU today reminding me that March 15th is priority ticket deadline.

Also, the front of the card has listed: Liberty, Army, Clemson, Duke, UNC, BC and Vandy as the home games.

I know last year, a similar mailing had the games in chronological order for the 2011 season. One could assume that this will be the order of our home games this season. Dunno.

Somewhat surprised I need to have my seats ordered by March 15th given we're well into February and they've yet to distribute order forms.

Last edited:
FWIW, I received a glossy postcard from WFU today reminding me that March 15th is priority ticket deadline.

Also, the front of the card has listed: Liberty, Army, Clemson, Duke, UNC, BC and Vandy as the home games.

I know last year, a similar mailing had the games in chronological order for the 2011 season. One could assume that this will be the order of our home games this season. Dunno.

Somewhat surprised I need to have my seats ordered by March 15th given we're well into February.

Home schedule is a little of a let down after last year.

Home schedule is a little of a let down after last year.

That's ok with me. I'm not going to be able to make the priority deadline this season, so less of a rush for tickets is in my favor.

NC State set to face Tennessee on Aug 31 in the Georgia Dome, followed by Clemson and Auburn in the same venue the next day. Hope they both lose!

Back