• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ACC Football Schedule Released

This sux so bad. My Noles are currently talking to Jacksonville University. They tried about 50 schools who all said no. More than likely, the money we made from WVU canceling will have to be paid to an opponent to come to doak.

NC State set to face Tennessee on Aug 31 in the Georgia Dome, followed by Clemson and Auburn in the same venue the next day. Hope they both lose!

Those four fanbases in the same town at the same time?...interesting.

NC State set to face Tennessee on Aug 31 in the Georgia Dome, followed by Clemson and Auburn in the same venue the next day. Hope they both lose!

The ACC needs them to win both games.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Playing Liberty first will be good for us. It will give the OL time to gel before we head in to the conference schedule. Hopefully we can have another cupcake (BC,Duke) before we take on the beasts.

Yep, 22nd for Army has been confirmed. Liberty released their sched on Saturday and we're playing them on Sept. 1. Knew we were playing them opening weekend but now we know that'll be a Saturday game, not Thursday.

Non-conference slate is set:
Sept. 1 vs Liberty
Sept. 22 vs Army
Nov. 17 @ Notre Dame (one poster speculated this could move but seems unlikely)
Nov. 24 vs Vandy

Also to recap it seems we're hosting UNC on Sept. 8 and are likely going to either FSU or UVa on the 15th (barring a bye that week)

Having a bye that week would suck. Also that's a brutal start to the year in the conference if it's UNC at home and then @ FSU

sounds like FSU has finalized deal with Savannah State. Basically the only taker. I expect schedule out this week.

Deal is done. FSU is paying 475k for savannah state to make the trip. It will make 2 division 1-AA teams now on the schedule. Gonna catch a lot of sh*t for it but WVU put them in a bad spot. Sounds like there will be a lawsuit for lost revenue.

Like I've posted before, schools need to institute some buyout scale to make it much more expensive to buyout at a later date. This is ridiculous. WVU screwed over FSU and the ACC out of revenue at the gate and potentially from the BCS if FSU has one loss.

Not sure how there could be a lawsuit as all game contracts have a buy-out clause. As long as WV paid the amount stipulated, don't see how FSU can seek additional damages.

That Savannah State-FSU game has been confirmed for Sept. 8. Reading between the lines it seems like both us and Duke will play one of FSU and UVa on the 15th (unless Miami wants to open with three straight road games, which I would doubt).

UVa might be the most likely since it's a non-division opponent. But we shall see

Last edited:
I don't get how the dominoes fall...did svannah St drop someone? How do they add a team this late, unless they had a hole to fill?

FSU is estimated losing between 2-2.5 million from that WVU game. Yes, they got the buyout but had to use that money to pay savannah state.

Back